AIN/CV support for MBSEQ?

Rowan

I'm starting on the slippery slope that is DIY Modular Synths as I've built all the stand alone DIY synth/seq projects I'm interested in.

This has lead me to spend numerous hours discovering what is out there in DIY modular land and I have come to the conclusion that the MBSEQ can already do a lot of the cool stuff...... And it's pretty modular friendly with gate and CV outs but the one thing it's missing is CV in's!

Conceptually, could support for the AIN module be added to provide the necessary hardware?

The end game would be to have a modulation matrix where the CV ins are the modulation sources and parameters of the MBSEQ are the destinations.

I don't want to get to in depth with ideas unless the basic hardware required to achieve this will work.

You do know that the BLM you're going to get has 4 sliders and 4 available AINs right ?  :smile:  It's pretty good really, as the 8 bit Core gets a good workout this way. At the moment they can't be selected in the "External Control" section, but I bet TK will add this soon enough.

Another option would be to go down the MBCV path and convert some CVs to CCs, then use a second MIDI in for control. EDIT, sorry, this was mentioned just above...

Edited by latigid on