Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
audiomobster

Dupont Crimp Connector

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

is anybody interested to get some of these from Alibaba, a minimum of 4000 is to much for me? I'd need about 500. Or is there any similar cheap supplier with less minimum order?

Regards,

Uli

You can buy these on eBay from China in small quantities, just search for "2.54 jumper" and you'll find them.

I use these type of cables all the time now. What I do is buy the cables with the single pin sockets at various lengths and I have a selection of common sized plug housings I.e. 1x2, 2x5, 2x8 etc, and I remove the single pin housing that Come already fitted and fit the housing I need. It's so much easier than having to crimp wires every time you need to connect something. They also make testing out wiring much easier.

Edited by Rowan

That's satifying, thanks. I was crimping some wires and even with a crimping tool I found it really sucks. As I plan to connect my MIDI ports and LEDs via cable, because otherwise I wouldn't have enough space on my backpanel, I would have to crimp about hundred pieces. These really save me some time and stress.

Regards,

Uli