Live recording AutoStart behaving strangely

jjonas

Hi,

I noticed that live recording works a bit weird if recording is started with Jam page AStart=on. <Live> recording works ok if you have Jam page Rec=on, the sequencer already running and you're in Edit view. But if you set AStart=on and try to start recording either from the Jam page or from the Edit page (with the sequencer stopped, and started automatically only when you hit the first key), there's problems, and it seems <Step> recording setting 'Step' is involved.

However, <Live> recording doesn't have the 'Step' option available (only Mode, AStart and Quantize), implying that it should have no effect for <Live> recording. Given this, it would feel natural to expect automatic recording (AStart=on) to start from step 1, and it seems that this is indeed what the sequencer tries to do. But if the <Step> recording setting 'Step' is set to 5, if I have <Live> recording selected and if AStart=on, and I then hit C-E-G, one of the notes gets recorded in step 5 and the other two notes in step one. Even if <Step> recording 'Step' is set to 1 and I hit C-E-G, one of the notes doesn't get recorded anywhere, and only two of them get recorded in step 1.

The problem is there also in <Live> recording Mono Mode: If <Step> recording 'Step' is set to 9, and AStart=on, the first (mono) note is recorded in step 9, even though the sequencer does start from step 1, and all the subsequent (mono) notes will be recorded properly.

EDIT: I'm using 4.089

Edited by jjonas

Currently I can't check each reported issue immediately - too many requests at once which have to be prioritized - but I will come back to this topic soon.

Added to the wishlist to check this (so that it doesn't get lost)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...