Midi IO LED help needed

Alasdair Moon

Hi guys, 

I am building my first seq v4 with the STM32F4 .. all boards from SmashTV.

After soldering the core I added 2 Midi IO boards to J11E, uploaded the wilba hwconfig file and all worked perfect.

3-4 seconds after startup all LEDs on the Midi IOs blink one time.

Now I added the line driver transmitter and a Quad IIC .. but sudddenly on startup only one or more LEDs of the Midi IO blink with no delay.

I detached all elements from the core, only leaving the Midi IOs connected .. same .. short blink directly after power is switched on ..sometimes all, sometimes only one (last in line) sometimes 3 or 4 ...  

Switched the 2 Midi IO boards so that the second in line becomes first .... same

If I connect a midikeyboard to the boards, the proper LED reacts perfectly ... but on Midi IN AND on Midi OUTS.

The wilba panel is not yet finished, so I have no chance to check the menue for the midiports or send something.

Do I have a short somewhere?? And why did it work multiple times before?

Where should I start debugging .. is it the core?? Or maybe the STM32F4 itself??

Heeeeeeeelp

As written in the german thread, you could debug via MIOS Terminal (connect the Core via USB, start MIOS Terminal, send MIDI notes to all INs) and see, if there is inbound MIDI note data... and don't worry too much! :-)

MIDI IN/OUT blinking may be some MIDI routing, or you are sending a clock signal, that is also echoed to multiple ports.

Many greets,

Peter