MB-6582, odd error when used with CTRLR

jaytee

So I finally finished my MB-6582 last week. Everything seems to be working 100%, near as I can tell. I'm working on a demo song/video for it.

One odd error pops up when I use the CTRLR editor with it. When I go to change the SID I'm working with in CTRLR (in the upper left of the panel), if I change to SID 2, 3 or 4,  the MB-6582 pops up with "SIDx not available (No MBNet Response)" (x is not always the SID I'm trying to switch to; usually x=2, but sometimes 3 or 4). If I hit SID1 on the hardware interface at that point, it goes back to the default patch display screen, showing asterisks for SIDs 2, 3, and/or 4 (not always all of them at once) as if they were not connected, but simply switching back and forth to my desired SID on the hardware interface re-establishes the connection just fine.

Seeing as the hardware continues to work fine and the error can actually be fixed from the hardware, I don't think the issue is with my build, but with the software, (either the MB-6582 firmware or the CTRLR panel).

Frankly, I don't even know why I'm using the software editor, since the hardware has such a great interface (habit, I guess), and since it's easy to resolve the error, this is not a big deal. Less looking for troubleshooting advice and more just reporting an error. Perhaps someone else with CTRLR and an MB-6582/multi-core MBSID can try to replicate the error?