MIOS32 Reset to Allow ST Link Flash Access

hyperr

I bought and flashed an STM32 core with MIOS32 before realising that SID is only for the PIC Cores (bought a pile of wrong PICs too!), and was wondering if there is a way to give ST Link access again so I can use the board to practice native STM32 code?
It seems ST Link can't set up USB as the processor is busy (LD1 is flashing)...

Does the MIOS32 bootloader allow for a reflash via ST Link?

Thanks!

I can't recall anything special I did, but I've reflashed via ST-link more then once. Can't recall if I held the reset or something. As I understand, the mini-USB is always enabled with the ST-LINK processor that is connected to the 'F407 (by JTAG?). Do you have the two 'ST-LINK'  jumpers on CN3 header, they connect the ST-LINK to the core.

Yogi

Hi yogi

Thanks for the reply!

After searching the net, the only explanation I could find for a flashing LD1 was that the processor is busy, at the very least I assume the ST Link is busy/has error... I thought it might have something to do with MIOS.

If you've been able to reflash over MIOS using ST Link through the mini-USB with CN3 closed, then maybe my STLink module is damaged - I get the flashing LD1 and no USB device update in device manager... Power led is strong, LD1 is strong, I'll go and buy a new mini-USB cable just to be sure...

Hmmm. Geez haven't had much luck with STM32 (or MB-SID unfortunately - hopefully my PIC18F will arrive soon)!

Thanks again.

Thanks again for your response yogi.

Just got back from the shop with a new cable, and that's fixed it. With all my experience... you should always start by replacing the easy parts first!

Oh well, I guess I'll have a spare board now (ordered it last night in case)!

Cheers!

17 hours ago, hyperr said:

Thanks again for your response yogi.

Just got back from the shop with a new cable, and that's fixed it. With all my experience... you should always start by replacing the easy parts first!

Oh well, I guess I'll have a spare board now (ordered it last night in case)!

Cheers!

Having a spare STM32 is a good thing, lots of  uses :) Glad it was only the cable,

Yogi