J16 as DIN/DOUT (LPC1769)

Dj Marco BH

Tks TK. 

I got sad :(
I used this function" MIOS32_SPI_TransferByte " ...and   I got some signal from the LEDs ...

MIOS32_SPI_Init(0);
	MIOS32_SPI_TransferModeInit(0,MIOS32_SPI_MODE_CLK1_PHASE1,MIOS32_SPI_PRESCALER_128);
	MIOS32_SPI_IO_Init(0,MIOS32_SPI_PIN_DRIVER_WEAK_OD);
    MIOS32_SPI_RC_PinSet(0,1,1);

AFAIK there is no forum posting about this so far.
The shift registers are service from MIOS32_SRIO, this code has to be duplicated (and button related functions have to be removed): http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fmios32%2Fcommon%2Fmios32_srio.c

Btw.: why do you need the second SRIO chain? Wouldn't it be easier to enhance the first chain by +16 SRs?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

I need it because of the DJ program (Traktor). each side of the deck has 16 RGB LEDs (96 outputs). Missing VUs, elapsed time, LEDs for the other buttons (RGBs). Unfortunately that consumes many outputs and I'm afraid the 256 outputs will not be enough. I just want to ensure having more options for digital inputs and outputs.

I'll try it later, I program all day and my head can not think anymore.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks again !! Marco.

Hi,

you should consider to connect the RGB LEDs to a LED matrix, this is less expensive and also reduces the number of wires.

E.g. a 8x16x3 matrix consist of 7 x 74HC595 and allows you to connect 128 RGB LEDs.

Then just add another 8x16x3 matrix for the second deck.

Do you know the MIDIbox NG application?
It supports such features out-of-the-box: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_ng.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

I tried using MAKE to compile MIDIBOX_NG and some errors appeared.

I:\MIOS32\trunk\apps\controllers\midibox_ng_v1>make
rm -f project.hex

Creating object file for port.c
i:/MIOS32/trunk/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM3/port.c: In function 'prvPortStartFirstTask':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM3/port.c:282:1: warning: stack usage computation not supported for this target [enabled by default]

Creating object file for core_cm3.c
i:/MIOS32/trunk/drivers/LPC17xx/CMSIS/src/core_cm3.c: In function '__get_PSP':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/drivers/LPC17xx/CMSIS/src/core_cm3.c:451:1: warning: stack usage computation not supported for this target [enabled by default]
Creating object file for usbcontrol.c
i:/MIOS32/trunk/drivers/LPC17xx/usbstack/src/usbcontrol.c: In function 'StallControlPipe':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/drivers/LPC17xx/usbstack/src/usbcontrol.c:127:6: warning: variable 'pb' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

Creating object file for psock.c
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c: In function 'psock_send':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c:179:3: warning: variable 'PT_YIELD_FLAG' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c: In function 'psock_generator_send':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c:218:3: warning: variable 'PT_YIELD_FLAG' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c: In function 'psock_readto':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c:274:3: warning: variable 'PT_YIELD_FLAG' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c: In function 'psock_readbuf':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/uip/uip/psock.c:301:3: warning: variable 'PT_YIELD_FLAG' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

Creating object file for ws2812.c
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/ws2812/ws2812.c:71:2: warning: #warning "WS2812 driver not supported for this derivative yet!" [-Wcpp]
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/ws2812/ws2812.c:102:12: warning: 'send_buffer' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]

Creating object file for msc_bot.c
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/msd/LPC17xx/msc_bot.c: In function 'MSCBotBulkOut':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/msd/LPC17xx/msc_bot.c:268:13: warning: variable 'iChunk' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
Creating object file for msc_scsi.c
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/msd/LPC17xx/msc_scsi.c: In function 'SCSIHandleCmd':
i:/MIOS32/trunk/modules/msd/LPC17xx/msc_scsi.c:155:14: warning: variable 'dwLBA' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

Creating object file for freertos_heap.cpp
c:/mios32_toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: project_build/project.elf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RAM'
c:/mios32_toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RAM' overflowed by 672 bytes
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [project_build/project.elf] Error 1

Thanks, Marco.