4x SID power supply

Wilba

I have a question regarding the power supply for 4x CORE and 4x SID modules. I'm not using a C64 power supply, just a transformer with 15v DC output.

I plan to model it on the diagram in mbhp_4xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf. 15v DC into a 7812 regulator, the 12v going to all SID modules. 15v DC into a 7809, the 9v into a 7805, the 5v powering the SID and CORE modules in two separate 5v/GND supply lines.

What I don't understand in that diagram is why the VS pins of the J11 ports on the CORE modules are connected... there's already connected VS pins in the J2 ports.

Hi Wilba,

the reason why I drew this ground connection into the schematic is that I wanted to prevent that people like you who don't build this PSU, but taking the diagram as source of inspiration, forget a proper ground between the core modules.

It's basically for the scenario where two cores are powered via J1 and connected via MBLink

You will find such "prevention measures" very often in my schematics. E.g., the rectifier is normaly not required for a DC input voltage at J1, but I always draw it into my schematics, so that electronic beginners don't have to take care about the polarity or DC/AC supply

Best Regards, Thorsten.