MIOS V1.5

TK.

This is finally the first open source release of MIOS. The source files are especially interesting for developers who want to get an insight about the tasks which are running in background (hidden for the application), and maybe (or hopefully?) for people who want to optimize or enhance existing functions. The most recent files of the project are hosted at https://sourceforge.net/projects/mios and available via CVS - the repository will contain bugfixes and improvements before a release has been done

ChangeLog for MIOS V1.5:

• if MIOS_SRIO_TS_SensitivitySet is called with WREG == 0x00, the touch sensor Pin RD.4 (J14 of the core module) won't be driven by MIOS anymore and therefore is free for other purposes
  • the AIN handler has been optimized to a two-step state machine with a sample frequency of 200 uS
  • USER_MPROC_NotifyTimeout hang-up has been fixed
  • the internal registers have been rearranged for a better overview.
    Applications shouldn't be affected from these changes

Note: the custom LCD drivers under http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html have been updated, since there are some additional public variables available.

Thanks to all beta testers!

Have fun!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

This is finally the first open source release of MIOS. The source files are especially interesting for developers who want to get an insight about the tasks which are running in background (hidden for the application), and maybe (or hopefully?) for people who want to optimize or enhance existing functions. The most recent files of the project are hosted at https://sourceforge.net/projects/mios and available via CVS - the repository will contain bugfixes and improvements before a release has been done

ChangeLog for MIOS V1.5:

• if MIOS_SRIO_TS_SensitivitySet is called with WREG == 0x00, the touch sensor Pin RD.4 (J14 of the core module) won't be driven by MIOS anymore and therefore is free for other purposes
  • the AIN handler has been optimized to a two-step state machine with a sample frequency of 200 uS
  • USER_MPROC_NotifyTimeout hang-up has been fixed
  • the internal registers have been rearranged for a better overview.
    Applications shouldn't be affected from these changes

Note: the custom LCD drivers under http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html have been updated, since there are some additional public variables available.

Thanks to all beta testers!

Have fun!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest psytron

congrats on the public release of mois source code.

I went over to sourceforge and dl a copy for myself.

i recieved it and compiled it in mplab (no prob sofar)

went to conver it to a syx using your pearl script and

recieved the error msg "ERROR you are trying to overwrite the mios address range.....and so on"

i thought well so i am, this is what i want to do i guess :)

ran the pearl script this time using the -force command.

the script ran (with some msg about what addresses i was writing to )

so i took the syx to midiox, dl it to my midibox rebooted mios

and got the old "mios v1.4b" msg and my old app was gone(mb64) and nothing would happen except i have a t on my lcd,

so i took your original mios1.5 asm then compiled it, same msg when using your pearl script (hex2syx.pl)

did it again with -force all to end up with the same prob??

has anyone else had this problem??

i Know you would have fully tested befor releasing the source... perhaps i am missing a step somewhere??

Guest psytron

congrats on the public release of mois source code.

I went over to sourceforge and dl a copy for myself.

i recieved it and compiled it in mplab (no prob sofar)

went to conver it to a syx using your pearl script and

recieved the error msg "ERROR you are trying to overwrite the mios address range.....and so on"

i thought well so i am, this is what i want to do i guess :)

ran the pearl script this time using the -force command.

the script ran (with some msg about what addresses i was writing to )

so i took the syx to midiox, dl it to my midibox rebooted mios

and got the old "mios v1.4b" msg and my old app was gone(mb64) and nothing would happen except i have a t on my lcd,

so i took your original mios1.5 asm then compiled it, same msg when using your pearl script (hex2syx.pl)

did it again with -force all to end up with the same prob??

has anyone else had this problem??

i Know you would have fully tested befor releasing the source... perhaps i am missing a step somewhere??

The -force option doesn't help here, it forces the script to generate a .syx file without the MIOS address range, regardless if it's embedded in the .hex file or not.

You have to use the "-os_upload" option instead. This is described in the README.txt of the binary release, but not in the source release - I will fix this.

As Duggle already mentioned, the MIOS upload works only with the primary loader.

The reason why I removed the hint of using "-os_upload" from the script is, that a common user may overwrite MIOS in this way - see also this posting http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=troubleshooting;action=display;num=1067609574;start=4#4

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The -force option doesn't help here, it forces the script to generate a .syx file without the MIOS address range, regardless if it's embedded in the .hex file or not.

You have to use the "-os_upload" option instead. This is described in the README.txt of the binary release, but not in the source release - I will fix this.

As Duggle already mentioned, the MIOS upload works only with the primary loader.

The reason why I removed the hint of using "-os_upload" from the script is, that a common user may overwrite MIOS in this way - see also this posting http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=troubleshooting;action=display;num=1067609574;start=4#4

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just tried to compile the unchanged source-code in MPLAB, but I just jet a lot of errors. Are there any special settings necessary?

Thanx,

Gerd

Deleting intermediary files... done.

Executing: "G:\PIC Programmer\MP LAB\MPLAB IDE\MCHIP_Tools\mpasmwin.exe" /q /p18F452 "main.asm" /l"main.lst" /e"main.err"

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Prepare)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Finish)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_ISR.INC 232 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Timer)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyRx)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyTx)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedByte)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyTimeout)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyFoundEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DIN_NotifyToggle)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_AIN_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_ENC_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 375 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 413 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_PrintChar)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 514 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Clear)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 678 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_CursorSet)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_DISPLAY.INC 64 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_DISPLAY.INC 70 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_STARTUP.INC 154 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 31 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 33 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 35 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Timer)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_DebugTrigger)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 39 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 41 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 43 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Prepare)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 45 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Finish)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 47 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DIN_NotifyToggle)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 49 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_ENC_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 51 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_AIN_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 53 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedByte)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 55 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyTimeout)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 57 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 59 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyFoundEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 61 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 63 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Clear)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 65 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_CursorSet)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 67 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_PrintChar)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 69 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyRx)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 71 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyTx)

Error[116]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MAIN.ASM 87 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (_USER_DISPLAY_Init)

Halting build on first failure as requested.

Hi,

I just tried to compile the unchanged source-code in MPLAB, but I just jet a lot of errors. Are there any special settings necessary?

Thanx,

Gerd

Deleting intermediary files... done.

Executing: "G:\PIC Programmer\MP LAB\MPLAB IDE\MCHIP_Tools\mpasmwin.exe" /q /p18F452 "main.asm" /l"main.lst" /e"main.err"

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Prepare)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Finish)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_ISR.INC 232 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Timer)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyRx)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyTx)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedByte)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyTimeout)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyFoundEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DIN_NotifyToggle)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_AIN_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_ENC_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 375 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 413 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_PrintChar)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 514 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Clear)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_LCD.INC 678 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_CursorSet)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_DISPLAY.INC 64 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_DISPLAY.INC 70 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MACROS.H 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MIOS_STARTUP.INC 154 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 31 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 33 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 35 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_Timer)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 37 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_DebugTrigger)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 39 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 41 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DISPLAY_Tick)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 43 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Prepare)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 45 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_SR_Service_Finish)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 47 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_DIN_NotifyToggle)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 49 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_ENC_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 51 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_AIN_NotifyChange)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 53 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedByte)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 55 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyTimeout)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 57 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyReceivedEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 59 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MPROC_NotifyFoundEvent)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 61 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Init)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 63 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_Clear)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 65 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_CursorSet)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 67 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_LCD_PrintChar)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 69 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyRx)

Error[113]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\USER_VECTORS.INC 71 : Symbol not previously defined (USER_MIDI_NotifyTx)

Error[116]   G:\PIC PROGRAMMER\MIOS 1.5 SRC\SYSTEM\MAIN.ASM 87 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (_USER_DISPLAY_Init)

Halting build on first failure as requested.