seq4v with Aou-ng Dout and TPD

electrodancer

Hi there

can someone help me with the assignment of shiftregisters in the HW file ?

my setup is as follows....midibox seqv4 wilba control surface....linedriver transmitter to linedriver receiver....the Aout-ng for CV out ...then one Dout board for 8x gates and 8x clocks then the TPD module

ive got both led matrixxes and the encoder working correct....but the segment displays for BPM and STEP dont work...

ive tried different shifregister settings...and if i put the wilba-tpd hw file on the sd card...it works fine...but then i dont have gates and triggers

help is welcome !

cheers

Vincent

Edited by electrodancer

Basically what you do is count the number of additional shift registers (input shift registers, output shift registers) located in the chain before the TPD and add that number to the respective shift register counts in the TPD section of the config file. As both Aout and Dout contain only output shift registers, the config entry for input SR of the TPD stays the same, but the output SR numbers will change.

In your second posting / variant the config stays the same as the additional SRs come after the TPD.

i have really tried it but i could not get it to work .....everything works but not the BPM and STEP digits

can you help me on how to set up the numbers ???.....so i can see what i did wrong here

ive got it working now with the dout at the end.... but the build doc sugests to put the TPD at the end of the chain.

cheers

vincent

Sure, if my counting is correct then AOUT_NG and DOUT together have 5 output shift registers. Hence you need to increase the number of the OUT SRs by 5:

##################################################
# Optional LED Track Position Display 
# See also http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=tpd_pcb
##################################################

# set to 1 or 2 to enable the relative track position display
# 0: TPD disabled
# 1: TPD enabled - columns are cathodes, rows are anodes
# 2: TPD enabled - columns are anodes, rows are cathodes
TPD_ENABLED 2

# define the DOUT shift register to which the columns are connected (0=disabled)
TPD_COLUMNS_SR_L 15

# for a 16x16 TPD: define the SR to which the right columns are connected (0=disabled, use only 8x8 TPD)
TPD_COLUMNS_SR_R 12

# define the DOUT shift register to which the green LED rows are connected (0=disabled)
TPD_ROWS_SR_GREEN_L 13

# define the DOUT shift register to which the right green LED rows are connected (0=disabled, use only 8x8 TPD)
TPD_ROWS_SR_GREEN_R 10

# define the DOUT shift register to which the red LED rows are connected (0=disabled)
TPD_ROWS_SR_RED_L 14

# define the DOUT shift register to which the right red LED rows are connected (0=disabled, use only 8x8 TPD)
TPD_ROWS_SR_RED_R 11

The same goes for the BPM and Step digit SRs!