Midi and Director

intosite

are you on pc or mac?

for the pc you could use the mabry midi activex which was liberated to open source a few years ago. For the mac im sure there are freeware options

also www.troikatronix.com is betatesting pc version of their xtra, mac versions have been available for a long time

I'm running on a pc but would like to have the flexibility of both machines.

As of now, the pc, what do you mean by using activex? How do i go about doing it?

Cheers

read this on how to use activex controls in director on pc:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/how/d65/tutorial/activex/control_xtra02.html

i cant find the midi activex that was liberated to GNU license a few years ago (originally marketed by mabry), it was always hard to find, but I have it on mh HD somewhere, so PM or email me and I'll send it.

As long as we're talking about midi and video:

I've been experimenting a while now with video and MIDI. Up to now mostly with hardware, but I want to *generate* more sophisticated video from MIDI as well. I've been looking for a good environment to do simple 3d graphics. I guess it will come down to some hardcore OpenGL programming, or not? Does anybopdy know a good environment?  Any tips or links for tutorials?

thnx

Trap.