really need help of electronics god

Synergic

midibox send midi ok,but when i try to sysex...boom!!it says sysex complete but nidibox is totally disconfigured.

ok..it take me a lot of time programing midibox with gameport,it looks to be "freezed" and doesnt response at the first..second..third..etc time.but then...it goes  ok and i can load sysex anytime.

ok,i connect usb module ..Mi to Mo and viceversa.and  ground.ok.midibox send midi..but when i try to sysex,y seems to be ok,receiving complete....but surprise!!! metaevents loaded...and a lot of extrange configuratiom that i havent do!!! and blocked again!!! until i program with gameport(soldering again of course!!)

what can i do? what is the problem?

You are using the wrong timing parameters:

bootstrap_sysex1.gif

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Addendum: after an invalid download it makes sense to try it with the "first level bootstrap loader", which is active during the first 2 seconds after power-on, because it can happen that the second level loader is blocked due to invalid application code.

I'm pretty sure that MBHP_USB works fine ;-)

Sorry, but with such incomplete informations I cannot help you. After your first posting I assumed that you are trying to upload a new firmware, but now you are writing that you are using the vmidibox to upload the MIDIbox64 bank...

Please write down every detail which could be useful to understand what is going on with your setup (you don't need to start a new topic for this...).

I (or somebody else) will give you an answer if anything sounds like a configuration or hardware problem. If you get no answer, then try to find out more details (e.g. use another program to upload SysEx and keep in mind that the MIDI-Ox configuration for uploading banks is completly different than the configuration for uploading a firmware) and report it here (again: no new topic, use this article so that everbody know the history of your issues...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

ok,excuse me!!

lets see!

My midi box64  works fine with gameport,but i need use it with my handbook,so i have done usb module.

ok,usb module is detected as usb audio device,fine!,and midi out of midibox goes perfectly trought usb(i can control my sequencer).

But when i try to change midibox configuration(i.e.button mode.etc..)with Vmidibox,something extrange happens: in Lcd you can read "REceiving Sysex dump"..thats ok.....then "Sysex Dump complete"...ok too....but midibox get crazy!!...i will explain it,configuration that i send is that:pots mode normal,with diferents CCs,buttons from 1 to 18 in toggle mode,with differents CCs,midimerger off and navigation menu off.But after trying to sysex a new configuration,pots send metaevents,buttons send notes and navigation menu is active and some options name are missed.

It looks that midi signal from pc comming trought usb arrives to midibox in wrong state....and midibox get like "freezed" and only can restore it with gameport cable and a lot of tries.

Thaks all.

I have connected core module to usb module: Mi to MO and viceversa and ground pin.Powered from usb.

OPtoacouplers not stuffed.

i hope someone can help me ,,and excuse me for my bad english and being too heavy!!

This remembers me that vmidibox transfers the data in a "dirty" way.

Since the SysEx handler of MIDIbox64 requires delays between every single byte (data will be written into EEPROM on-the-fly and every write access needs ca. 5 mS), but the M$ API doesn't provide such a function, Serge uses a trick to achive the delays. Maybe it doesn't work with newer Windows versions anymore?

Could you please try the transfer of the .syx file with MIDI-Ox?

You can write out this file from vmidibox64

The required MIDI-Ox SysEx settings:

midiox_mbsyx_setup.gif

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hm, I just tried the suggested MIDI-Ox settings and noticed the same. I'm sure that this worked under WinME, but I updated to WinXP some days ago... so, maybe the MIDI-USB driver of WinXP is worst than the one from WinME :-/

Problem: this is not in my hands... take a look into the MBHP_USB sources and you will notice that the code is very primitive. Most of the work will be done by the Operating System itself.

Which windows version are you using?

But: I also tried Serge's vmidibox and there the download works fine with 100 bytes/s

See also the MIDIbox64 ChangeLog:

Note that Serge's vmidibox64 editor (which has been developed for the PIC16F version) can also interact with the new implementation. The transfer rate has to be set to a value less than 150, otherwise the dump won't be received completely. This isn't a bug in MIOS, but a problem related to the PIC18F which can only save 64 bytes at once in the internal flash memory (the PIC16F saves 2 bytes (14 bit) at once).

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So, in this case it could also be an issue with MIDI-Ox, and not with the windows itself.

With WinXP I also installed the most recent MIDI-Ox version, maybe they changed something which makes it impossible anymore to upload SysEx bytewise.

So, maybe better to try it with vmidibox again, because I've now ensured that it works properly under WinME and WinXP with the MBHP_USB

- Reboot Windows

- start vmidibox64

- select your MIDI interface

- set the transfer rate to 100 bytes/s

- send SysEx

> if my midi box get blocked again...can i upload mios with primary bootloader using usb?

Sure, but I don't see a reason for doing this. The code area hasn't been touched by this SysEx upload.

You must differentiate between code upload via SysEx, and data upload via SysEx.

Code upload is a MIOS specific feature and requires exactly the settings which I've described in my first article.

Data upload is an application specific feature, and it can differ with every application. The data upload of MIDIbox64 has been written in a way which makes it compatible to the old PIC16F, with the disadvantage that the transfer rate is significantly lower. If I wouldn't have to take care about such compatibility issues (or if I would have the time to enhance vmidibox...), I could provide an alternative MB64 bank upload mechanism which works much faster, but I see no timeslot for this.

However, in fact you should continue with vmidibox and try to find a solution.

If it still doesn't work, you could ask Serge for help.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No Idea, I've asked Jamie how MIDI-Ox transfers the delayed data to the MIDI interface. Either MIDI-Ox needs an alternative mechanism (similar to Serges Loader, since the transfer is working with this tool), or MBHP_USB requires a special firmware for MIDI-Ox (but it's unclear if there is a way to "cheat" the M$ driver)

Did you try Serge's Loader again (see message above)?

It *must* work with 100 bytes/s

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes,i try it at 1oob/sec but nothing....

Today i have tried a lot of settings but or nothing happens or my midibox get loaded with a wrong configuration(with a lot of metaevents,no toggle buttons....like now).

I dont know what more do.A lot of times it seems to be ok..it says "Receiving sysex dump".....and after this,,"sysex dump complete"...but not with the correct data..i see....

any solutions? maybe any component on usb module could be wrong and is doing some type of interference?

thanks.

More:

i usb module is powered by usb conector.

i have notice that if i only plug in usb cable(not midibox power),some leds have a little bright,the same who works when i turn on midibox....it looks like the core get power trought midi wires...is that ok?

thanks again

It sounds like the transfer works fine with 100 bytes/s, but you are uploading a currupt .syx file.

Could you please try the midibox64.syx default setup which is part of the http://www.ucapps.de/midibox/mk_syx.zip package, just to ensure that the MIDI connection works properly?

i have notice that if i only plug in usb cable(not midibox power),some leds have a little bright,the same who works when i turn on midibox....it looks like the core get power trought midi wires...is that ok?

if this happens, it is maybe better to use a regular MIDI connection via optocouplers, so that the USB and MIDIbox voltage domains are seperated (I did the same with the MBHP_USB integated into my MIDIbox LC and MIDIbox SID).

Or supply the USB module from the MIDIbox (remove the jumper near by the USB socket, and connect the "power IO" of the MBHP_USB with J2 of the core module)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi

i have use midibox64.syx file but it happens de same thing.....it is very extrange..it looks like midibox receive the same data!!!

i´m going to connect externally trought midi conectors...but....i dont known how to do it!! i have only three pins comming from core..and midi in conector use 2 and midi out conector use 3.....how do i do it??

hi.

i have tried without success conecting midi box trought midi conectors of usb module.

this is what i have do:

i take midi signals from J11.

I put ground in pin3 and MI in pin2 of one midi conector.

I put ground in pin3 and MO in pin4 of other midi con.

Is that okis?

Can anyone say me de correct way for connecting?

thanks

ok..this is amazing..now i cant sysex using gameport :'(

It happens the same...seems to be sysex and all ok but...with corrupt data....now core seems to be wrong..

It happens de same that occurs with usb module..and i have notice that midi data sending with pc comes to midi in ..but all is setting ok!! i dont know what to do!!

i thinking about destroy all!!!

please help!  i´m going crazy!!

For the records: the problems are solved, he used an incompatible MIOS version (V1.4) with the MIDIbox64 firmware, which has been released after V1.4

It always makes sense to use the most recent releases, regardless if the new features are useful for you or not.

Best Regards, Thorsten.