[Cubase SX 2] Let me explain my project

Guest toniodod

Guest toniodod

Hi guys,

First I'd like to say how I'm impressed by all this diy staff!!! amazing  :o

I've been reading this web site but still miss some things:

I want to build a MIDI controller to pilot CUbase SX Mixer, I mean 8 Tracks (up to xx virtually) with for each one:

- Volume (fader non motorized)

- Pan pot

- 4 pots for EQ

- Mute

- Solo

- Record

- Monitor

- 4 buttons to set insert on/off

- 2 buttons to set aux bus on/off

- 2 pots to set aux bus fader

+

a master track control with:

- Volume fader

- 4 pots for EQ

And transport control:

Play Stop rewind etc.....

I got few questions:

- How is made link between pressing a switch on (mute for example), and the "mute" LED on my remote controller??? Does the MIOS do the job? or do I have to be careful about LED links?

Actually that's all for the moment  ;D

Oh yes: I've heard bad things about Cubase SX 2 midi remote control (eq not working, pan too, etc...)

Does anyone have more informations and could maybe confirm???

Thanks for your help, I can't wait to burn my PIC  ;)

Hi toniodod, and welcome!

as for the led question, mios takes care for everything!

as long as cubase is set to transmit the controll!

the led will work according to the apropriate button (button 1-8 to leds 1-8 etc)

cubase sx 1.2 works fine

haven't tried sx 2 yet, but i see no reason y it should not work fine!

So, start the PIC Burners!!!!

cubase sx 1.2 works fine haven't tried sx 2 yet, but i see no reason y it should not work fine!

toniodod--- Unfortunately 'this' may be a problem. You may want to check through SX2's mappable generic remote functions first hand, and maybe try them with another MIDI device as a controller before you make plans around them. Steinberg yanked a whole slew of features from the generics when SX and Nuendo went into v.2. They are supposed to be doing a major code rewrite, which will affect most controllers, but this has been promised for a while and they are now sort of "side tracked" with implementation for their new ID controller.

I too have been anxiously awaiting the return of the generic stuff for N2. Right now, there are some basic functions in there, but most of the stuff's gone. If you've got a minute, go inquire about it on the Cubase hardware forum, or maybe email them directly. It won't hurt to have more of us "nagging". They need to be aware that not all of us can afford the high end remotes.

- Take Care

George

Guest toniodod

toniodod--- Unfortunately 'this' may be a problem. You may want to check through SX2's mappable generic remote functions first hand, and maybe try them with another MIDI device as a controller before you make plans around them. Steinberg yanked a whole slew of features from the generics when SX and Nuendo went into v.2. They are supposed to be doing a major code rewrite, which will affect most controllers, but this has been promised for a while and they are now sort of "side tracked" with implementation for their new ID controller.

I too have been anxiously awaiting the return of the generic stuff for N2. Right now, there are some basic functions in there, but most of the stuff's gone. If you've got a minute, go inquire about it on the Cubase hardware forum, or maybe email them directly. It won't hurt to have more of us "nagging". They need to be aware that not all of us can afford the high end remotes.

- Take Care

George

Thanks for your answer.

I will test remote control with my FCB1010 in order to check things working and things not.  ;)