another encoder question :)-(:

Guest psytron

Guest psytron

i am looking to use an (2 acualy) encoder to send incremental data to a prog such as traktor.

it seems that most of the encoders that people are using here are approx 12-36 ppr and seem to be mainly used as a knob.

i am looking to use mine as a jog wheel to pitch up/down while mixing 2 songs live.

my question is will an approx 128ppr or higher(perhaps) have any advantages over a low resolution one. and is there a way to adjust the incremental sensitivity in mios so that if a 128ppr is tooooo sensitive i can tone it down so to speak.

please answer esp those with a jog/scrub wheel i am interested in the resolution of your wheel.

thanks people its time to move on from pots and buttons hehe

No, much more than 36 ppr cannot be natively handled by MIOS due to the minimum capturing cycle of 1 mS (the driver is optimized for up to 64 common rotary encoders). But it's possible to program a dedicated driver for higher resolutions - Tip: use MIOS_Timer with a capturing period of about 100-200 uS

Best Regards, Thorsten.