MIOS Joystick

uclaros

Guest JimCook

I think he means:  "Could MIOS generate a variable resistance output that could be read by the joystick input port of a PC as the X and Y axis position of a joystick?"

I'm not sure why you'd want to do this...

I can, however, see using MIOS to construct a flight simulator control panel if the flight sim can read hex commands input to a serial or USB port.

actually.. i think this might work, i haven't tried it thou but its worth checking:

www.spacetaxi.de/sf/toaster.html

this is a site for a very simple MIDI controller with 4 knobs and 4 buttons that connect to your gameport. it has no other parts except for the pots and buttons so the MIDI functions are handled on the PC side with a program which can be found on this site.

I think this might work for your purposes

Regards,

Ryan

Well, what I actually mean is the opposite of the "toaster" that Ryan posted!

I thought of a driver for the PC that translates the incoming midi messages to moves of a virtual joystick!

On that way you could have a joystick with not only 4 analog axes and 4 buttons that the gameport supports!

• 1 month later...

I just read a message from Rowan, and thought that "Bode's Midi Translator" he has found, could be useful, as it translates midi messages also to pc keyboard strokes.

http://bome.com/midi/translator/

I guess that most games have configurable controls, so if you map those to keyboard, then you can use Midibox as control surface ;)

Will someone give it a try?

Bye, Moebius