Stupid programming question :)

Guest Ryan

Hi!

I was gonna test the nokia lcd option on my box... problem is; i don't know how to integrate the  custom lcd driver onto the midibox application.

OK... i see a main.syx file on the custom driver directory... if i understand it right, all i have to do is upload this file... is that correct?

besides that problem, i think i can handle the rest of the modifications on the code

Hope someone can help me :)

Thanks,

Ryan ---> stupid hehe :)

Hi,

no - it isn't possible to run multiple applications at the same time.

Therefore you have to copy the app_lcd.inc driver into the application directory, and you have to change the LCD type in the USER_Init function of the application you are using (example can be found in app_init.inc of the driver package).

Once this has been done, you have to rebuild the application and convert it to a .syx file

Best Regards, Thorsten.

FAQMARKER

midibox64_v2_2 has no app_init.inc do i have to copy that too?

User_init is found on main.asm but nothing below it pertains to the custom lcd driver

Lost again... help! please...

Thanks Ryan

ok... just make sure i got it... i have to replace the app_lcd.inc on the midibox app directory withe the app_lcd.inc from the driver package then add the code of app_init.inc under User_Init  on the main.asm file on the midibox app directory... right? sorry if being such a pain in the ass:)

Much Thanks!

Ryan