Cheap, high quality & variety LCD supplier

Artesia

Cheap, high quality & variety LCD supplier

Hi :)

I recently stumbled across this US based lcd supplier http://www.crystalfontz.com

They do quite a range of different LCD's ...and one thing that really caught my eye ...is that they now do the OLED (organic led) displays, which directly replace LCD's ...and have a far superior brightness & contrast ratio !

I'm currently in the process of ordering a 16*2 OLED (inverse & green text) display & a pair of 40*2 displays.. and have queryed them about the possability of getting the 40*2 in other colour options; and indeed ..although not advertised ..they can indeed do afew options :)

...so i will be ordering a pair of 40*2's in inverse blue-green for $29.60 (£16) each :) ...the 16*2 OLED's are $22 (£12) each. And the shipping to the uk ended up at $29 (£16).

Not bad in the end... Considering that maplin/rs/farnell usually want around £40 ($75) for a standard 40*2 :)

..If the shipping was just for the two 40*2's then this would mean that -each- display cost in total: $43.50 - £22.33

(all price conversions done relative to current xe.com of £1 = $1.86)

Additional Note:

They also do Graphical lcds, which could be useful in the MIOS project ...though most useful in the midibox LC.

Their largest graphical display is 320x240 ($142 (£76) picture below), and the smallest is a 128*64 ($32 (£17))

320x240 STN Negative Blue, Transmissive, Wide Temperature LCD

with White CCFL Backlight, Built-in Negative Voltage and Temperature Compensation

CFAG320240C-FMI-T_front.jpg

Here's some samples of their displays:

20x2 Negative Transmissive LED Backlit LCD Module

CFAH2002A-YMI_front.jpg

20x2 Positive Transflective LED Backlit LCD Module

CFAH2002A-YYH_front.jpg

20x2 Negative Transmissive Red LED Backlit LCD Module

CFAH2002A-RMC-JP_front.jpg

16x2 PLED / OLED Display Module

1602_front.jpg

20x4 STN Blue, Negative, Transmissive, White Edge LED Backlight

Wide Temperature Version

CFAH2004A-TMI-JP_front_bl_on.jpg

40x2 Positive Transflective Yellow-Green LED Array Backlit LCD

Minimum 70 CD/M2 backlight brightness at 130mA backlight current.

CFAH4002A-YYB-JP_bl_on.jpg

8x2 STN Gray Positive Transflective Yellow-Green LCD

with Green Array LED Backlight

CFAH0802A-GGB-JP_front_bl_on.jpg

enjoy ! :)

I've had my eye on the red blck negative one for some time now!I just bought 5 2x20's on ebay for a total(shipping and all) of less than $10 ea., brand new. DCI Incorporated DC1202A's. I'll be using them for now. The guy had more too, keep'em scoped out if you need some.they are charecter lcds using a hd44780 compatible ks0070b driver.

niiiice price ;)

I just bought my first item off ebay ...its a nokia 9110 for spares ...to fix my own one..

Btw heres a fun project for LCD's which you may of heard of. It involves wiring up any 'HD44780' compatable lcd to the parralel port of your pc. This display can then show winamp playlists, time, pc stats (temp etc), weather reports, news tickers ...and so on :)

This can be done by using abit of software called 'lcd smartie' ...and can be found here:

http://backupteam.gamepoint.net/smartie/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

How easy could you use the CFAP2002A-YJC-S  with the Midibox SID Control surface? I can assemble an electronic circuit easy with directions but actualy designing and reconfiguring is beyond me so I need to know what would need to be done if it can be used at all.

Here is the link to it on their site:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/CFAP2002M/index.html

• 3 months later...

nope, i dont fink so,

"A" =anode-> "+ side" (side with the higher voltage) of LED(or any other diode)

"K" =kathode(cathode) "- side" of LED (side with the lower voltage; this is often ground, like in dout module)

Look at the pinning table on the pdf (no negative voltages) and the connection diagram of the lcd to core;

point A and K on LCD(pin 15/16),  connect to B+ and B- of port J15 of the core.

cheers, marcel