More "Multilingual" boards?

TK.

Some countries or language areas have their dedicated boards for exchanging informations about local electronic shops, for starting collective orders, for requesting help (i.e. PIC burning), etc.

I just noticed that something similar is missing for english speaking nations.

So my question: would it make sense to start at least three additional boards for Australia, UK and Canada/USA? Maybe also for english speaking asian nations?

Or would it make sense to start two new international boards "collective orders" and "PIC burning" (suggestions for alternative names are welcome)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I think country boards would be cool.It would help a little to at least know who is around you, for help and burning pics and stuff like that. Also group orders and things too.Maybe even the US/Canada(since it is so big) could be broken up by time zone? Sorry if that sounds like a greedy american statement ;). I think it would be great to find out there is someone working on theese things near me, or near some place I may be vacationing. I mean the forums are great, but theres nothing like putting a face to the screen names!

Yeah... I vote for per-geographical-area forums... so us Aussies/New Zealanders can share tips and arrange bulk orders. Maybe TK can add a sticky thread to each one in which users can post their location... people could get a feel for who is around you and watching that forum.

But TK has a point: collective orders can span countries too, as does a PIC burning service. Maybe another forum dedicated to these two topics? Another concept which I'd like to raise: some people just cannot find some parts locally or even get them shipped to their country... ie. I can't get stuff from Reichelt. (My personal can't-get item is large vectorboard!) Are some people willing to get parts delivered to them and re-ship to others? Perhaps that can be combined with their own order so that the favour is repayed by paying the shipping costs of their own order. Or maybe repayed with a share of a bulk order. It seems to me that this whole community is willing to share ideas and give their time helping others in their endeavours - so this is just an extension of that... helping those who can't get what they need. So maybe a forum just for that would be really helpful: collective orders, reshipping favours, PIC burning, etc.

Interesting that you thought of this, TK!

Some interesting ideas here...

Though I do like to see what is happening around the globe, on the midibox front! (though it won't be hard to keep an eye on that, as well as looking on your local forum)

I posted an idea maybe a year ago... that is swapping parts with one another, to get the parts that are difficult to get in your country, but no-one seemed interested. But now there are more of us, so maybe these ideas you guys are putting forward may come to fruition.

...Steve

I believe this nationalization is not such a good idea. Problems will be posted to the national forums and will not be read by others having the same probs!

In order to know who's near you we can allways use the "map thing" someone has posted.

What I believe will be VERY usefull to many people is "collective orders" and "part swapping". Midibox construction can be very cheaper if we use mass ordered parts for lower prices.

And last, about that "pic burning" , I know that it is a pain to try and answer to all people having a simple (or not) problem with JDM, BUT debuging the JDM is a good start for the midibox project. Most often the problems are bad soldering or something similar. If people start ordering preburned pics, then the JDM problems will become CORE problems etc.

collective orders!collective orders!collective orders!!!

Guest psytron
Problems will be posted to the national forums and will not be read by others having the same probs!

by uclaros.

i would think that if you had a prob then you would post it where you would get the most reads (trouble shooting perhaps ) and therefore more chance of being solved.

I guess a trouble shooting problem on another board would be moved (off topic post).

Personaly I can see many benifits of having a country/area/continent/whatever (local is the word i am looking for) board especialy for parts/distributors.

i do not think it should be used for non country specific messages.

that is 1 vote in the affirmative from me tk  8)