Changing Channel

Guest TheOnlyOne

Guest TheOnlyOne

Hi can anyone help with this?  ???

I need to program each chip with a different channel send instruction.  Because I will have like 5 controllers but I want them to all have a different channel.

Do you think this is possible?

If this is in the wrong place I am sorry but I thought it might go here.

MB64. MB64E and MBMF provide a global MIDI channel, which can be changed in the menu and which overwrites the predefined channels of the sysex data. Thats the simplest way to change the channel - but of course, there are also other ways ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest TheOnlyOne

Yeah But I dont want to use a menu system ( no LCD )

I want it to be pre programmed.  How do I do this?  

Can I use one of the buttons to change the channel without the lcd?

oh yeah and thanks for that reply.

Guest TheOnlyOne

Oh another Q If I change it in the menu using the LCD screen (menu) would it be perminant or would I need to use a bank stick?  

And how would I use the Bank Stick (I havnt started building it yet I am just getting all the resources together)

I am re designing some of the modules to suit my needs.

The global channel can also be changed within the SysEx dump, but vmidibox64 doesn't support to edit the value yet (since it has been written for the PIC16F version). So, you need to wait for the PIC18F specific editor --- or you need to change the channel manually in mb64_presets.inc (search for GLOBAL_CHANNEL)

of course, since the channel is saved in the dump, changes are permanent

BankStick: not required if you only use the internal bank

link between buttons->LED: everything configurable... (try to find more docs at my Website...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest TheOnlyOne

Thank-you so much for that information I am sure that I will find it useful and that everyone else might make some use of the information aswell.

I will be building a new website with my results on it very soon (As soon as I complete the project,  at least 4 months I think)

Any thanks again this is the greatest project I have found.  Wondering if anyone has any links to other projects like this on?

Regards

Steven