Using J4 for second MIDI-In with Merger

Guest The_Accelerator

Guest The_Accelerator

Is it still posible to use J4 on the Core-Module as a second MIDI-Input for Merging? If yes, is there a special function in MIOS?

Thanks!!  :)

no, it's not provided by MIOS, since a much better concept is planned for the future. Duggle works on an IIC driver which will allow to add multiple additional MIDI IOs to a single core (not only this, but also PS/2 keyboards, mouse, etc... ;-))

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest ordneren

So this would be the thing to wait for, for a midi patchbay/MTC Display/Transport control/Serial wacom tablet 8) input/whatever-in-a-rack-gizmo i figure... :)

Seriously, a diy midi patchbay configurable from your pc, with filtering.. and per channel redirection and... stuff - would rock!

Guest ordneren

I've been toying a bit with the idea of a midi patchbay / router which should be controllable from your pc, so I tried to come up with an idea for a gui. Here's a mock-up:

midi-router-GUI.gif

(8 inputs, 8 outputs, 16 channels as always)

Thus allowing you to route any or all channels from any input to any or all channels on any output, keeping or deleting the channel in the source interface and merging or replacing the channel in the destination interface.

Is this idea totally far fetched?

Guest ordneren
Sounds like a lot of work

Hmm, as I feared. :-/

Often It's difficult to anticipate how much work is in a programming task, esp. in assembly on a microcontroller, for a (very :)) casual programmer such as myself.