cubase time scrub encoder

Guest Romanoff

Guest Romanoff

Hi all,

did anyone of you midiboxers tried to scrub the timeline of cubase (or similar software) with the encoders of midibox64E ?

i can do this with my HD-recorder, but the midi-outut of the jog-shuttle is a song-position-pointer in sysex-format witch tells the software the exact position of the cursor and i think that the mios is not able to put that kind of message out.  (i hope, i am wrong)

i had no success , maybe somebody has already a good solution to tell cubase "move one step forward..." (or back).

thank you for reply.

geetings to all and a big thanks to mister TK   :)

Hi,

MIOS can do everything, it's me who cannot do everything ;-)

However, the song position can be sent with a Meta event (-> mb64e_meta.inc). You need to save the song position in two registers (since the position is a 14 bit value...), and you have to write a function which increments/decrements the counter and sends the F2 event with the resulting song position.

It's also possible to receive the song position in order to update the internal registers. A F2 receiver is already implemented in the MB64 application, and it should be available for MB64E once I find the time to align the versions (I'm planning an enhanced version which can run on the MB SEQ hardware anyhow). Release: in ca. 3-4 months or earlier

Best Regards, Thorsten.