Rectifier n Ceramic Cap

intosite

Hi,

On the parts list for the core module, it only says rectifier with its part no, B80C800RUND.

WHen i go to my local store to get it, they asked what sort of rectifier i'mm looking for and asked for more details like voltage n stuff. They don't recognise the B80c800RUND.

Anyway for now i just got one they recommended. Just checking, it has 4 legs? On it, it has a + and - printed diagonally across. Also printed is  "W005M  8812". What does that mean?

Also they didn't have the 330nF ceramic cap. They got me some other sort which is blue in color. Is that ok?

Cheers :)

On the parts list for the core module, it only says rectifier with its part no, B80C800RUND.

WHen i go to my local store to get it, they asked what sort of rectifier i'mm looking for and asked for more details like voltage n stuff. They don't recognise the B80c800RUND.

Anyway for now i just got one they recommended. Just checking, it has 4 legs? On it, it has a + and - printed diagonally across. Also printed is  "W005M  8812". What does that mean?

W005M=50V Peak Inverse Voltage, 35V RMS Reverse Voltage, 1.5A

I usually ship a W06G (600 PIV, 420Vrms) or W08G (800PIV, 560Vrms) with the Core kits.

Yours should work though, A bridge made up of four 1N4001 is said to be overkill for the Core, and your bridge rec has higher specs than a 1N4001 (but not by much).

I cant speak from personal experience though, I always use a 1N4007 when any 1N400x is called for, and at least a W06G in place of any WOB case style bridge rec.  Cost is usually the same as the lower spec parts and it never hurts to overbuild a power supply!   ;)

Also they didn't have the 330nF ceramic cap. They got me some other sort which is blue in color. Is that ok?

Cheers :)

If the blue one is 330nF/.33mF give it a try, if it gets hot or the core does not work pull it out (the Core will work without it, but since C6 is a filter cap it might not work reliably depending on other factors)

Have fun!

SmashTV