Basic Mackie Clone Block Diagram

djsegler

Would anyone be willing to post a basic block diagram of the hardware blocks to create a Mackie clone (or better yet, a Tascam US-2400 clone)? I'm still not sure how the multiplie cores get slaved together, how they are addressed, and what code to load into each of them.

It would also be nice to have a tutorial on how to set up a core module in a step by step fashion for those of us just starting out. Browsing through the MBHP project section, I can find great documentation on how to build the stuff, but it's lacking a little in what to do with it after it's built! There are alot of code fragments, but not really any documentation on what to do with it from a high level.

Ultimately, I would like to interface to Sonar 2.2, so if anyone has experience at that, it would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Thanks - I think I have found that one already. The problem is that it does not cover minor details like how to interconnect the multiple cores for having more than 8 MF. I just need a very simple block diagram that shows all of the pieces I need (cores, DIN, DOUT, LCD, etc) and how they are connected (via which port) so that I know what to build and how to interconnect all of them.

The seperate tutorials are great for building each piece by itself and how to connect it to a single core for that function only, but there seems to be no solid tutorial on what it takes to get multiple cores working together. I'm even lost on the programming methodology and what the slave cores have to have installed into them.

Guest psytron

check out the mbhp core page here each interconnection is labeled with a name and what you would connect it to.

from then on you can determin what components you want in a box i.e. encoders switches mfs leds lcds pots etc.

then work out how many you need of each, this will tell you how many of each module(ain din dout core.....) you will need.

after the box is made you can the add some software and customize to what you need.

my hint is start out making a core and an ain or din see how this goes then decide how far you want to take it.

you will always be able to recycle parts...