8 pots, 24 rotary and 32 buttons

Guest drummond

1 AINX4 = 32 inputs with rotary pots or faders - so yes you need this

1 DINX4 = 32 push buttons - also need this if you want buttons

1 DOUTX4 = leds - not needed but helpful for button status & looks [glow=red,2,300]cool[/glow]

1 LTC = com port interface - not normally needed core board has built in midi connections

1 CORE = youll be wanting this one

1 LCD = optional but I would recommend it

watch out tho this stuff is very addictive

Guest drummond

Thanks for the answer. I included the LTC because I thought it would be necessary for using banksticks. It isn't, right? Are bancksticks connected directly do the CORE? I'm planning on ordering throught Chris' site, because here in Brazil I'm having a hard time to find the parts, specially the PIC.

Another question: I understood that if I use motorfaders, I can only have 8 of them and I can't have anymore pots or knobs. I'd also need one extra board for this to work. Is this correct?

Thanks for helping a novice!

Daniel

nah banksticks plug direct in to core board

Yeah the Motor fader module is like a seperate project it requires a core and a motorfader board for every 8 faders

eg I have one core, LTC, DIN, DOUT,AIN etc for my main midi controller then a further Core, DIN & motor fader boards for my 8 motor faders

The core must run seperate firmware to use motorfaders

hope this makes sence

Guest drummond

Ok, I got it. So to have 8 motor-faders plus 8 knobs and 32 buttons I'd need 2 cores, each one with a different firmware. One firmware to the knobs and buttons and the second to the motor-faders. Well, I'll build it with no motor faders. Too expensive for me right now! Soon I'll have more questions!

Thanks!

Daniel