mbox64seq is so cool!

Guest steveT

Hey Thorsten..I tried out the mbox64seq firmware last night on my Tb3030+midibox64 module..its fantastic!

(for those of you who are interested..see my webpages:-

http://monopole.ph.qmul.ac.uk/~thomas/synthdiy/TBbox1.htm

for a description of the midibox64 I use as a sequencer to drive a tb303 clone)

I still havent quite understood the 'layers' feature

on each track..will need to play with it a bit more. But so

far all seems to work well. I spent several hours last night having great fun...!

I was thinking of  building another mbox64..(or some modules  now that the whole project is modularized), to drive a tR909 clone that I have just started to work on. The pcb's (2 of them!) were designed by Trevor Page..if people are interested in this project they can buy the pcbs from trevor..check out his webpages at:-

http://www.introspectiv.org

its quite an amazing clone..and has a midi-> drum trigger converter designed into it. Just waiting for a midibox64 seq to hook up to it!

Anyway congratulations on yet another wonderful project!

best

steveT

Hey Steve...

Glad your box is runnin nice n smooth...

As it goes, i'm wanting to do one too  ;) - so was wondering if you could gimme ne pointers i should look out for when interfacing the modules (3031/tbDac/MB64). I'm gonna make a single PCB for the MB64...

That 909 looks v nifty too...these two in action with the mbox64seq runnin would be quite nice i imagine... ;D

peace...

Hia d2k..well i had no probs interfacing the Oakleysound tbdac with the 3030. I guess the 30301 should be very similar. The midi implementation is very  straightforward on the tbdac. Apart from note on/value/gate there is voltage processor on the 3031 board(if its like the 3030) that takes cv from velocity and routes it to the accent/slide functions.

This works very well. You can then use modulation cv to control filter cutoff. You can even route some velocity cv to the filter if you add an additional switch. Both the

3030 and tbdac boards work excellent..you'll have no problem there.  I ve been off the list for a while ..since the summer basically. I see the mbox64 has been modularized..i might well order some of these pcbs for the tr9090 project..it saves a lot of wiring! The tr9090 project is huge..the parts list runs over 12 pages! If i start now ..might finish by the spring  :)  !

cheers

steve