jsynth again

chriss

Hi,

i have still some trouble with Jsynth.

Because Jsynth didn´t work on my Xp machine (the upload always made errors on the ArpSEQ patches) i waited until version 0.18 and know it works with my ibook and OSX but i can not backup the patches.

The Syx. data is not readable.  I also tried it with SysEx Librarian but there it seems that you need to send the data from the synth manualy. And i didn`t found any funktion in the SID application.

So i went back to my XP machine and give Midiox a try (send and receive), but here it stops recording after 2000-5000 bytes. Changing the settings not really helped. And when trying Jsynth i can see in the command window that it only sends  F0 00 00 7E 40 00 03 00 F7 when clicking on GET.

I am still using the very satisfying USB module.

Can anybody help me? I just want to change the Patches for the 8580 filter and save the whole bankstick.

Btw. does the Sid support the 24LC512 eeprom or multiple eeproms already?

thanks.

chriss

Hi Chriss,

unfortunately the patch request function of jsynth is still not reliable, but a whol BankStick backup can be realized much easier, just follow these instructions: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/mios_backup.txt

Btw. does the Sid support the 24LC512 eeprom or multiple eeproms already?

My question: has anybody already created more than 128 different patches? ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

but a whol BankStick backup can be realized much easier, just follow these instructions: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/mios_backup.txt

sorry i didn´t make that clear enough but i tried that.

So i went back to my XP machine and give Midiox a try (send and receive), but here it stops recording after 2000-5000 bytes

i don´t know what happens here maybe it is the usb port of my old PC but it is not working with SysEx Librarian under OSX either. Here i got about 44k of sysex data but Jsynth is not able to read it with the SID driver, so i thought there were errors during backup.

My question: has anybody already created more than 128 different patches?

i would if i could save them. And i would like to store maybe one bankstick in the box (without the stick).

nice to have you here again.

chriss

i would if i could save them.

I mean if i can backup them! Sometimes after i tried something knew with the hardware, the bankstick is formating itself and all the patches are gone.

Today i did a little bit of testing and i guess the problem is my PC. Or better the usb port on my PC. Although uploading a code was never a topic.

So i will stick to Sysex Librarien. At the moment it is a little bit complicated but it works. The Problem is that the application does not have a "send and receive" funktion. So i have to send the request first and then go to receive very fast. The first two or three patches get lost but thats ok. Maybe i contact snoize to implement this feature.

Does anybody else know a app. for macs witch can send and receive sysex.

Has anybody tried it with a Sequencer like Logic or Cubase?

Just downloaded Sound Diver from Emagic but i guess this one only can handle comercial hardware!  

chriss