Layout-master for PCB

SounDuke

Yes I printed the master on transparency pardon...

Well I don't think I have to peel the paper because I made it and the result was that I had a copper board without photoresist in one hand and a piece of paper white above and black below.. maybe with a 60W solar lamp I have to expose for more time than 35 minutes

Hi SounDuke,

The white paper on the board is there to protect the photoresist during shipping. It MUST be removed before exposing the board. The light used to expose the board must be an ultra-violet fluorescent type. An ordinary incandescent lamp will not work. Take a look a this web site for detailed description of the process.

http://www.mgchemicals.com

Happy etching...

Hi SounDuke,

The white paper on the board is there to protect the photoresist during shipping. It MUST be removed before exposing the board. The light used to expose the board must be an ultra-violet fluorescent type. An ordinary incandescent lamp will not work. Take a look a this web site for detailed description of the process.

http://www.mgchemicals.com

Happy etching...

Thank you Synapsis  ;)

Ordinary lamps will not work, but Solar lamp will work. Electronics sellers say "you must buy a fluorescent tube

" which costs a lot. I succesfully impressed a board with solar lamp, the blue ones, 60w power which costs 1€.

well my etched board looks ok, the only problem is that there is a VERY slight asimmetry in a corner due to unproper simmetry of the masters. it's very slight, i speak of a track wich is at least 0,01 mm larger than the printed one. do you think it is a big problem?

Thank you Synapsis  ;)

Ordinary lamps will not work, but Solar lamp will work. Electronics sellers say "you must buy a fluorescent tube

" which costs a lot. I succesfully impressed a board with solar lamp, the blue ones, 60w power which costs 1€.

well my etched board looks ok, the only problem is that there is a VERY slight asimmetry in a corner due to unproper simmetry of the masters. it's very slight, i speak of a track wich is at least 0,01 mm larger than the printed one. do you think it is a big problem?

I think I etched a good board. However, I'm not sure if the copper was well- corroded. I don't see copper between tracks and outside the circuit, but my tester shows infiniteKohm when i touch with + and - the tracks, 0Kohm when I touch the plastic panel.  I can't understand these values.. Is the board ok?

I think I etched a good board. However, I'm not sure if the copper was well- corroded. I don't see copper between tracks and outside the circuit, but my tester shows infiniteKohm when i touch with + and - the tracks, 0Kohm when I touch the plastic panel.  I can't understand these values.. Is the board ok?