Scanning Matrix

Guest JimCook

Guest JimCook

I need a routine in MIOS to scan a nine output, nine input switch matrix.  In other words, I need to look at 81 switch contacts which are connected in nine groups of nine switches (Hammond drawbar switches).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Guest JimCook

borntob4 convinced me to stick with analog encoding the drawbars but I still kind of like the switch matrix idea.  

I'd like to take a look at your scan matrix driver!

The scan matrix example can now be found in the download section. Once it has been successfully tested by you in a "real environment", I could write a second example which demonstrates how to handle with up to 1024 buttons, and maybe a third which uses a seperate shift register chain (which is captured more frequently than the "normal" chain) in order to minimize the latency.

Please use MIOS V1.7 otherwise the DOUTs are not driven properly. The current release candidate can also be found in the download section

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Nice work Thorsten. I spent most of the weekend toying with this :)

Can't wait to see the example with the extra DIN SR used.... I'm not sure what you mean about the separate chain...But I'm sure I'll find out soon :)

Very cool....  8)

• 1 month later...

Further development of this idea is being discussed in this thread: http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=midification;action=display;num=1088098331

Thorsten has now posted a second example which I believe represents an example "which uses a seperate shift register chain (which is captured more frequently than the "normal" chain) in order to minimize the latency."