Is this project possible??

Guest Nolakers

Guest Nolakers

Hello!

I am new here, and don't have that much experience at making my own digital stuff. I have got an idea of a single fader controller. What I don't know is if it will work. I run Nuendo 2 (It means it could work in Cubase SX2 as well).

Scenario 1

It should simply be one motorised fader in a box. You should run this fader with your left hand, and the mouse with your right. When you hoover over a fader/knob in Nuendo whith the mouse pointer you should be able to adjust it with the fader. Tha motorfader should also adjust itself regarding to the fader/knob pointed at. Mavy this is asking to mych so I have another scenario.

Scenario 2

It should be one motorized fader and some knobs for pan and auxsends with ledrings. When you highlight a channel in Nuendo that channel feeds the motorfader/knobs position and when adjusting on the fader/knob it feeds the highlighted channel.

I don't need a big controlsurface whith a lot of faders, I just wan't to be able to adjust on the channel I am currently working on, and I think it's a good idea to use both mouse and controlsurface at the same time. That could speed up things very much.

A motorfader is a must.

Could this work at all? I need input from you all with more experience than me. What modules should I use? Do I need to do some special programming for this to work?

Thank's in advance to you all and to Thorsten for doing this MIOS thing.

Peter Nolåkers

PoM Ljudproduktion

http://www.pom.se

Hello Peter

Scenario 1 won't be possible and I think you don't really want that. Imagine this: You carefully listen back a scene of your project and want to adjust a plug-in EQ. Your mouse pointer is on the far left of your 1st monitor but your plug-in is on the right screen. You move your pointer to the right side all over the mixer strips... your fader will go cracy together with your hearing which is allready concentrating on how your going to tweak the EQ. Motorfaders aren't quiet at all :-)

I'm a MBOX-Newbie as well but I think Scenario 2 shouldn't be a problem.

Greets, Roger

Guest Nolakers

Thank's Roger!

You are absolutely rigt of scenario 1. I didn't se that. Thanks' for the input. I think I will go for Scenario 2, but the issue I can't figure out is how the controller will know what channel I have highlighted in Nuendo. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Regards/

Peter

PoM ljudproduktion

http://www.pom.se