The Miss Parker concept

Lall

Hi all,

I'm proud to present the Miss Parker concept to you guys.

The concept is quite simple, it is an effect pedal aimed first for guitarists but also for keyboardists which contains an AL3101 DSP. The effects are downloadable and controllable from the PC via a USB link (using the EZ-USB chip).

On top of this the pedal has for potentiometers to control effect parameters, an input for an expression pedal and of course an on/off button.

The project is open-hardware, open-firmware and open-source (even though some parts are not available from the web yet but only on demand). The aim is also to build a collection of assembly modules for the AL3101 that can be shared amongst users.

Anybody could in theory build a Miss Parker; it is actually an ADIY (Almost DIY for experimented guys) project as the board would be hard to etch and solder by amateurs. It's unfortunately not "as easy" as a MidiBox but that was the price to pay to have it fit in a pedal enclosure.

In any case, some pictures, schematics, layouts, demo sounds are better than long sentences so let me invite you on our website at http://www.axoris.be in the Miss Parker section.

Feedback and comments is of course very welcome...  :D

Lall on behalf of the "Axoris team" (isn't it a big word for a group of friends ;))

Have you checked out the Shifty Death synth?  It uses a pre-built development board and a few added I/O component.  Similar concept, although I'm not sure how readily available the hardware is.  I have the board on permanent search on ebay, and they only seem to pop up every few months.

http://www.gweep.net/~shifty/death/

Do you have a link for your DSP?