4x 40 LCD for sale

LO

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure what i'm going to use them for yet. After looking at the datasheet I found thhat this display has 2 enable lines, so as far as MIOS is concerned this is two 40 x 2 displays. Make me think it would be good for a compact MIDIbox SEQ. Instead of having two LCD's with the encodes etc. below each LCD, I could have the controls above AND below the 40 x 4 LCD. The top 2 line display the first eight step and the bottom two lines display the last 8 steps (I haven't looked at the SEQ documentation yet so I don't know the details, but this is how I understand the display works).

What I would like to use these displays for is a LC emulation, 4 faders per LCD. This will give me a 10 x 4 display per fader. I haven't even thought about how I will achive this, and what extra info will be displayed. I'm sure MIOS is up to the job. The LC already supports two LCD's per core, But I'll need the LC to support 4 LCDs per core. TK has documented that this is possible, I'll have to extent the code in order to achive this. Now I think about it I may be better off useing 2 cores (1 per 4 faders). I'm not planing on doing this for a while so it gives me lots of time to think about it and spend some a serious amount of time learning assembly.

Rowan