Midibox SID

titan

Hello,

I ve just finished my JDM Programmer and it works fine.

How can i put the entire programms to make running the SID without using sysex loader(only using JDM-No matter the time it will take)?in which order?what about he configuration files?

Am I Right if i think that i dont have to buy quarz 1MHz Oszillators for theSID since ver. 1.6?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

David

Am I Right if i think that i dont have to buy quarz 1MHz Oszillators for theSID since ver. 1.6?

Yes but you have to solder a link wire to the core J7 to use the clock of the PIC, look on the sid module page for details http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_sid.html

How can i put the entire programms to make running the SID without using sysex loader(only using JDM-No matter the time it will take)?in which order?what about he configuration files?

As far as i know the PIC18F452 firmware can only be uploaded using the bootstrap loader easily.  This is because of the way that mios works (having aplications etc).  You can just update bits of the firmware ie one app and not the operating system using the bootstrap.

So ... just use the bootstrap, it makes things much esier and... if you are building a sid, you probibly want it hooked up to your computer anyway!

-ed

Thanks for the answer!

Why is it usefull then to have an ISP if the only application i can download is the bootstrap loader.

My problem is: I finish core module but i dont have the optocouplers yet [no midi]and i would to test it now[if the lcd works for example].

Maybe it's not possible then i have to wait :-[

David