possible ?

Guest basstien

Guest basstien

Hi,

I would like add a midi synchro to Boss RC-20 pedal (a fabulous looping effect for instrument but no midi signal)

I 'm not an electronic tech, and I ask me if add midi is possible on this system ???

I know a led blink in tempo on pedal, maybe it is a interresting point to wired....

If u have an idee and if u think it is possible to plug something into the pedal I'm interessting  ;D

Thanks

Basstien

basstien@nebkas.com

Hi,

If you want RC-20 to follow midiclock from external device, you could use something like DINer (http://www.angelfire.com/geek/srlabs/diner.html) to send steady stream of quarter note pulses, and wire transistor as switch between contacts of the RC-20's tap tempo button ;)

Only problem is that those pulses must be disconnected, if other (manual) tempo than from midi stream is wanted or if time signature needs to be changed.. ;)) I think that stopping device sending midiclock works for this... (ie. DINer doesn't send pulses, when "MMC stop" command is recognised)

-- Then, if you want rc-20 to be master clock, ie. sending midi clock.. well. I think you are a bit out of luck.. I haven't came across "diy tap tempo" projects.. (Of cource someone with coding skills could realise that too)

Bye, Moebius

modify: UUps