SIDCS Assign function

Guest tew303

Guest tew303

Hello Midiboxers,

I want to minimise my surface to only the OSC en VCF sections (8ENC en several buttons/leds)  to keep the box compact.

Can anybody explain how the assign function on the surface works?

Thanks

Tew  

That's no problem, you'll just need to modify two text files so that the DIN and DOUT assignments match your hardware.

Modify the cs_menu_io_tables.inc to re-assign the buttons and LED's

Modify the mios_tables.inc file to re-assign the encoders.

after you modify the files, you'll need to reassemble the source code using MPASM, then create the SYX file with PERL and finally upload the application.

Each shift register (chip) has 8 inputs (DIN) or 8 outputs (DOUT)

Each encoder takes 2 inputs and buttons use 1 input.

Each LED takes 1 output.

So if you want 8 encoders and 16 buttons, you'd need 4 shift registers which happens to be one DIN module.

Make sure you use one encoder for the menu encoder, so you can still change all parameters via the LCD.

Hope this helps...

Justin

Guest tew303

Hello Justin,

But how is the assign function works on the surface. Can you change the CC by the menu controls?

[edit]

I also wondered if the modes of the control buttons are also displayed on the LCD. If that's the case I will only use the selection buttons and I can leave out the leds for displaying the different modes.

Thanks

Tew

Guest tew303

Hello Midiboxers,

Maybe someone who already build the SID/CS can give me the info I need as described above. It would help me much as I then can layout my panel for schaeffer.

Thanks Tew

Hi Tew,

But how is the assign function works on the surface. Can you change the CC by the menu controls?

you can´t. The parameters or CCs of the Assign layer are changed in CS_MENU_ENC_TABLE in the source code so you have to change the code, compile the app and upload it again.

I also wondered if the modes of the control buttons are also displayed on the LCD. If that's the case I will only use the selection buttons and I can leave out the leds for displaying the different modes.

everything you do on the CS is visible on the LCD. When you press a button the display changes to the menu of this parameter. But it´s nice to see the state of parameters without having to press the button first. And changing LEDs also look good ;)

Seppoman

Guest tew303

Thanks Seppoman,

Exactly what I wanted to know  :) . I leave the leds (only three boards, a couple of encoders & some pushbuttons).  because of easier construction, but you're definately right that it looks much better with leds.

Greetz

Tew