Midi In/Out trouble

Hi all,

I finally put together my Midibox and most of it seems to work, but I am stuck on the Midi In and Outs. I followed the build guide of Modular experiments (http://niroke.blogspot.com/2017/07/an-unofficial-build-guide-for-midibox.html)

The four IIc Midi Outputs work. The other 4 In/Outs do not. When I power it on the lights on both MBHP_MIDI_IO light up briefly. When I connect a keyboard to an In and press a key the light on that port goes on as well.

In the Midi Monitor I do not see any Midi Ins, should they show up? When selecting any out on those boards it does not play. It does however play on the IIcs. I had the nose on the cable from J11E to the MBHP_MIDI_IO on the wrong side meaning the 5V went to the wrong place. I hope this did not damage anything.

Any help for further troubleshooting?

cheers

with midi monitor you mean the mios-studio? http://www.ucapps.de/mios_studio.html

there you will see only the usb-ports (4 off them normally)

the DIN-Boards you have on your sequencer are for IIC and UART and are adressed from your Sequencer - not from the USB-Ports (at least i can remember)... there might be some midithru in the firmware to adress the UARTs via USB- might be might be not, since i dont own a sequencer - i cant say...

isnt there a hardware configuration file that you have to put on your sd-card (which you then put into the sequencer) - normally there you will activate Midiports? you can look into that... maybe Din Port 32 33 34 35 are not activiated? you may post here the text which is in this config file.

a lot off guess i know...

Hi Phatline

thanks for the pointers. I meant the Midi Monitor of the Sequencer itself (Menu-Midi-Midi Monitor).

The good news is I got it working. I switched the ICs and made the cables a good bit shorter. I don't know what it was in the end, but my money is on the cable.

cheers