one power supply for all?

bosone

Hi!

i have just began working on the sequencer and my second SID module.

since the sequencer and the 2 Sids will be mounted in the same rack, i was thinking about the possibility to build a single "power supply" module for all of them.

so i will build a single PCB in which i will mount a transformer, the diode rectifier, the 2200uF elcap, the 330nF, the 7809 (for the 2 SIDs), the 7805 (for the 2 cores), the 10uF elcap and finally the 100nF.

now the question: on the single core and module, can i avoid to mount all the caps and the 780x IC??

i will just take the 5V or 9V from my power supply module and connect this to the J2 jumper of the core and to the appropriate pins of the Sid.

on the single core and module, can i avoid to mount all the caps and the 780x IC??

Yeah you can leave this parts on the Modules BUT mount a second big cap and a second or third , thats enough

Don't forget that if you use only one voltage regulator for all this one can get  very hot so don't forget a passive cooling for it.

Yupp.

Just one thing: I tried the same with my SID setup. The noise (humming 50 Hz) was pretty loud. Consider using TK´s PSU recycle for the "power board". It has much more than enough power to supply more than just a 4x SID.

Greetz!