My project is  that :

Picture%20003_vignette.jpg

for controlling reason ...

So i have :

- 8 menus buttons

- 4*15 encoders

- 15 analog faders

- 3 *15 buttons

As 1 Core module is not enough for all this, i must use 2 cores with MB64E config  ...

I'm not sure how i can use the 2 cores ...

My idea was

- Core "master" = 8 menu buttons + 3*15 buttons + 15 faders

- Core "slave"  = 4*15 encoders

Is this the good solution ?

other thing ...

i connected the master to the front panel like that :

- menu -> first DIN J3

- Button 1 to 4 -> first DIN J4

- Button 5 to 8 -> first DIN J7

- Button 9 to 12 -> first DIN J6

- Button 13 to 15 -> first DIN J5

When i startup the core, the 5th note on the screen is always ON ...

I push the 5th button and release it : the 5th note disapear ... but i push on button 1, 2, 3 or  4, the 5th note comes ON again and stays like that ... ???

I also notice that the buttons 1 to 4 and 9 to 15 gives a C2 note on the screen but the buttons 5 to 8 gives a C5 note ....???

... where are the 5 to 8 C2 notes ???

Ok .. i'm back in the MIOS ...

My project is  that :

Picture%20003_vignette.jpg

for controlling reason ...

So i have :

- 8 menus buttons

- 4*15 encoders

- 15 analog faders

- 3 *15 buttons

As 1 Core module is not enough for all this, i must use 2 cores with MB64E config  ...

I'm not sure how i can use the 2 cores ...

My idea was

- Core "master" = 8 menu buttons + 3*15 buttons + 15 faders

- Core "slave"  = 4*15 encoders

Is this the good solution ?

other thing ...

i connected the master to the front panel like that :

- menu -> first DIN J3

- Button 1 to 4 -> first DIN J4

- Button 5 to 8 -> first DIN J7

- Button 9 to 12 -> first DIN J6

- Button 13 to 15 -> first DIN J5

When i startup the core, the 5th note on the screen is always ON ...

I push the 5th button and release it : the 5th note disapear ... but i push on button 1, 2, 3 or  4, the 5th note comes ON again and stays like that ... ???

I also notice that the buttons 1 to 4 and 9 to 15 gives a C2 note on the screen but the buttons 5 to 8 gives a C5 note ....???

... where are the 5 to 8 C2 notes ???

• 2 weeks later...

first : problem solved ... it was a multiplexer which was crazy .. i changed it ... it works fine now !

second : TK : because i have another problem concerning the config and the soft ...

i just want to know first if i choosed the right dispatching of different faders, boutons and encoders regarding the 2 core ...

My way to work with Propellerhead Reason is :

i make a song with one 14 channels mixer  and the next song in my set with another mixer .... And i want to pass from one mixer to the next one just by changing the bank ...

I know that i have to use the banks to switch and the SFB to send  (from the master core: id0) the Bank change to the slave core (id1) ...

So i just need to know if i am right in my config ...

thanks

PS : TK: how is your new flat ? :D

first : problem solved ... it was a multiplexer which was crazy .. i changed it ... it works fine now !

second : TK : because i have another problem concerning the config and the soft ...

i just want to know first if i choosed the right dispatching of different faders, boutons and encoders regarding the 2 core ...

My way to work with Propellerhead Reason is :

i make a song with one 14 channels mixer  and the next song in my set with another mixer .... And i want to pass from one mixer to the next one just by changing the bank ...

I know that i have to use the banks to switch and the SFB to send  (from the master core: id0) the Bank change to the slave core (id1) ...

So i just need to know if i am right in my config ...

thanks

PS : TK: how is your new flat ? :D

• 3 weeks later...

concerning the "How to connect 2 cores" ...with Midibox Link ...

If i just connect my two core like:

tunnel4.gif

(without the center core ...)

the bank changes on core 1 are transmitted to the sec. core ?

Or do i have to change some code lines ?

I mean : i understand what is in the control messages generated by the

menu navigation ... (Display, bank changes ... ) but do i have to

change something in the code of the receiver cores ?

concerning the "How to connect 2 cores" ...with Midibox Link ...

If i just connect my two core like:

tunnel4.gif

(without the center core ...)

I mean : i understand what is in the control messages generated by the

menu navigation ... (Display, bank changes ... ) but do i have to

change something in the code of the receiver cores ?

if you've enabled "Send Program Change on Bank Changes", yes

At the receiver site "Receive Program Change for Bank Change" should be enabled.

no, you can do this change in your .ini file, or with Serge's Editor

I mean : i understand what is in the control messages generated by the menu navigation ... (Display, bank changes ... ) but do i have to change something in the code of the receiver cores ?

the diagram above shows a concept which can be used by other programmers if they want to control multiple midiboxes from a single control surface. This is not implemented in MIDIbox64. If you need this, then you have to program this by yourself.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

if you've enabled "Send Program Change on Bank Changes", yes

At the receiver site "Receive Program Change for Bank Change" should be enabled.

no, you can do this change in your .ini file, or with Serge's Editor

I mean : i understand what is in the control messages generated by the menu navigation ... (Display, bank changes ... ) but do i have to change something in the code of the receiver cores ?

the diagram above shows a concept which can be used by other programmers if they want to control multiple midiboxes from a single control surface. This is not implemented in MIDIbox64. If you need this, then you have to program this by yourself.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

ok !

If i understand well ..

Only the Bank changes are transmitted ... with the current MIOS applications ...

This is not implemented in MIDIbox64. If you need this, then you have to program this by yourself.

Did you allready write some code for other applications ?

May be another midiboxer ?   ;D

thanx

ok !

If i understand well ..

Only the Bank changes are transmitted ... with the current MIOS applications ...

This is not implemented in MIDIbox64. If you need this, then you have to program this by yourself.

May be another midiboxer ?   ;D

thanx

yes, but totally unsupported, since it's unfinished and I don't plan to add more into this direction since the implementation is very hardware specific (in other words: I don't want to program individual solutions for you guys which I would never use by myself...)

Check the MIDIbox64 SysEx Implementation doc, search for MIDI remote, and think about the possibility to send these sysex commands via meta events...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

yes, but totally unsupported, since it's unfinished and I don't plan to add more into this direction since the implementation is very hardware specific (in other words: I don't want to program individual solutions for you guys which I would never use by myself...)

Check the MIDIbox64 SysEx Implementation doc, search for MIDI remote, and think about the possibility to send these sysex commands via meta events...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

i tested the MBLink ...

I connected the first core (id00) to the second one (id01 without the opto-coupler ) by the J11 connector...

I configured, via the Serge vmidibox64E, the 2 cores ...

first one: MIDIbox link FP and Send PC on bank change ..

Second one : MIDIbox link EP and  Receive PC on bank change ...

With this config, i have a terrible amount of CC on the midiout ...

I tried to power the 2 core with separate power supply, also with only one power supply (on first core) and the J11 connector for the second core  ... still a lot of CC ....

I test the 2 core separatly : works fine ... no jitter ...  no unexpected CC ...

But when i plug the J11, the  CC are back  !

???

Do i have to use only one power supply for the 2 core ?

Is it some jittering problem because of the shared ground ?

In fact, i have jitter on analog faders when i link 2 core via J11 ( ground + midi ) which are not here when i test the core stand alone ...

i have another strange issue with serge Vmidibox 64e ... check the Virtual MIDIbox & Editors forum ...

Do i have to use only one power supply for the 2 core ?

Is it some jittering problem because of the shared ground ?

is this really a question concerning MIOS programming?`

However, I think that you've some kind of ground loop in your circuit which provokes the additional jitter. A better power wiring with a central ground point (prevent long chains) can help. You can still work with two PSUs if you want... In thie case don't connect the grounds of J11 connectors together... if this still doesn't help, and you are not able to find the reason, then try it with optocouplers and ensure that there is no ground connection between the boxes.

Best Regards, Thorsten.