LCD black blocks

bill

Hello, i've just finished to build my core module, as my lcd cable, and my next step is to upload the mios on it...

I got a 16*2 lcd, and i can see 1 row filled with black blocks, (not the 2 rows, only the bottom one)

did i build my lcd cable the wrong way or is it normal to have only 1 row filled with black blocks ?

Then, i tried to upload the mios 1.7, thanks to the website procedure, (with midiOX), but i failed... in fact i

the core continue to send the same hexa string, every 2 seconds (i think it's restarting) do i need to power off the board to upload if i failed doing it without the first 2 seconds ?

Thanks for your help !

Hi,

I've had the same problem during the debugging phase of my mono-SID.

I unfortunately don't remember for sure what was the cause but I think it was due to a short on some lines of the DIN that was connected to my Core or more precisely some of the interface lines between the DIN and the Core.

Good luck...

Lall

ok, right now, it's working fine, i've uploaded the mios and the sid app without any problem, in fact it was a problem with my soundcard midi out :/

thanks anyway, my 6581 do it's first beep's ;)

next step : the control surface ! yeah !