Multiple cores / midi link

Tanstaafl

Well, my project has reached the point where i need more than 64 pots.  already have the boards built, but am having trouble with the ID setting routines found on TK's site.

(trying the first option of ID 0x01)

If i change the ID in IC-Prog, nothing else will download afterwards and the lcd displays a row of blocks on top.

If i change the ID in Main.asm and rebuild, then download (following the procedure in the comments of main.asm, erase pic, burn new bootloader, then download .syx file), i am able to download the new ID via midi-ox, but afterwards never get anything out of the midibox/lcd except "new ID 0000000000000001" .  Can't download anything after that, and on power cycle i get that same ID message and no more.  

uhhhhm,   i gotta be missing something obvious.

Any Ideas?

oh,  i can use the same chip and reburn bootloader, download mios and programs and it functions, so it's not the chip or programmer,  it's me.

thanks in advance,

gb

hey gb,

can u use serge's sysexloader? if you bootstrap your pic youcan upoad mios, the application and change the application specific ID.

If you need to change the MIOS device ID you can also use the change_ID program found in the MIOS download section

cheers,

marcel

hi gb!

everything fine; just finished the MBSeq; almost finished soldering MBCV for controlling analog gear, then i have to wait for my new etchant + boards to make the VCF pcb. When it's finished i'll let you in on the results!!

good luck with your project!

marcel

Hmmm,

just tried it with SysExBox-18f and get the same results

lcd displays "New ID Header:

"0000000000000001"

and am getting nothing out of the midi-out port.

that's the ID i want but I can not download anything else into the core.

also, both old and new sysexbox eventually lock up and kill the midi conection, then I get BSOD.

using usb midiman 2x2 as interface.

gonna keep beating on it with the hammer, that should make it woik!  :)

any simple ideas/fixes greatly appreciated.

gb

hi,

If i change the ID in IC-Prog, nothing else will download afterwards and the lcd displays a row of blocks on top.

the blocks are ok,  

tell me more..  You have only the bootstrap loader in the pic, or also mios? i guess you know this already, but if only the bootstraploader is on, you have to upload mios wich (still?) has to be done within 1 or 2 seconds after you power on your midibox.

that's the ID i want but I can not download anything else into the core.

not even mios at power up? (uploading mios will not change dev. ID so if you have the good ID...)

gonna keep beating on it with the hammer, that should make it woik!  

yeah! try the center of the lcd, good visuals!!

cheers, hope i helped you out a bit

marcel

EUREKA!!

not sure exactly the process by which it happened, but I'm getting controller changes from both midiboxes!!!!

have not as of yet tested all 128 pots, (don't have that many) but it looks like it's working.

thanx to all the parties for thier input on this.

have a GREAT DAY!!!!

gb

AAAKKKK!! non eureka est!!

I thought I had both systems working with midilink, but after really testing this weekend and assigning pots to controllers I find:

the first three knobs  (CC0, CC1, CC2) seem to function, but every other knob sends on CC91 !

i have inspected the pcb for shorts opens, and it appears to be ok, but will REALLY inspect with the magnifier today.

i have changed pics (have a generic mios/452 set to ID0 and the same set to ID01)

.....  time passes .....

it is the second board....no matter which pic I put in it (even used as a stand alone controller), I am getting CC91 from every knob.  The lcd displays the correct controller and value though... hmmmm.

anybody seen behaviour like this, before i put a day into troubleshooting? (although troubleshooting ensures humility  :)   )

gb

duhhh,

no hardware problems, it was not having the cores programmed correctly.  

everything appears to be functional!

shows my limited programming skills... as jerry ciarcia says...

(and i paraphrase)

'my favorite programming language is a soldering iron'

anyway... moving on to the next project...

doesn't the FM thing look kewl!

gb