MegaMidiBox...How many switches? LED?

basta73

I hope this makes sense, please bear with me.        

At the stage of redesigning my project due to NG anticipation euphoria.

From the MF core, how many LEDs, Switches, can I use?  Must I use?

MORE INFO:

Assuming a MegaMidiBox design with some version of a Midibox NG linked to 16 motorfaders.  I understand that the NG can handle 128 In/Out/Analog, but I am confused by a Multi-core system.  One core for the NG, and 2 cores for the 16 motorfaders...  What will  the minimum/maximum things to solder from each MF core be?

I hope this makes sense, please bear with me.        

At the stage of redesigning my project due to NG anticipation euphoria.

From the MF core, how many LEDs, Switches, can I use?  Must I use?

MORE INFO:

Assuming a MegaMidiBox design with some version of a Midibox NG linked to 16 motorfaders.  I understand that the NG can handle 128 In/Out/Analog, but I am confused by a Multi-core system.  One core for the NG, and 2 cores for the 16 motorfaders...  What will  the minimum/maximum things to solder from each MF core be?

Hi Basta,

every core features a lot of redundant functions, which are not required in a multicore-system. An extreme example: with 3 cores, one running with MIDIbox NG, the other two with MIDIbox MF v100pre2, you will be able to connect 128 LEDs & 128 Buttons & 128 Pots to to the NG core, and 2 * 64 LEDs, 2 * 64 Buttons, 2 * 8 motorfaders to the MF cores.

An extreme example into the other direction: a MIDIbox MF can also be used without any LCD, LED or button. Bankswitching can be realized with Program Change events, or the host software can manage the bank handling by itself (-> Cubase/Logic/etc...). Configuration is possible via SysEx.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Basta,

every core features a lot of redundant functions, which are not required in a multicore-system. An extreme example: with 3 cores, one running with MIDIbox NG, the other two with MIDIbox MF v100pre2, you will be able to connect 128 LEDs & 128 Buttons & 128 Pots to to the NG core, and 2 * 64 LEDs, 2 * 64 Buttons, 2 * 8 motorfaders to the MF cores.

An extreme example into the other direction: a MIDIbox MF can also be used without any LCD, LED or button. Bankswitching can be realized with Program Change events, or the host software can manage the bank handling by itself (-> Cubase/Logic/etc...). Configuration is possible via SysEx.

Best Regards, Thorsten.