Is there a way to automatically switch to show or display the current 16 steps when using e.g. a 32 step sequence

macsurfer

Hi Forum,

my current workflow is like this:

Most of the time, I create a 2 bar pattern for notes or drums with a 32 step pattern length and when playing around with the sequence and sounds I need to change from steps 1-16 or 17-32 manually using the Step button.
I wonder if I could change this in a way that according to the current step of my playing sequence the shown steps change automatically.

This would be great, also in combination with the BLM/Matrix extension for a better overview of the sequence.

Please let me know if there´s just a setting hidden in the menu of the SEQ or if I need to dive deeper in the code, I do have some programming knowledge but I have always prefered using the SEQ rather than programming it.

See you.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I think that you are asking for the "Follow" function - it's really well hidden (some years ago this was an obvious function for me, meanwhile even I have to search in the user manual having only the name in mind...)

Press MENU+EXIT to enable/disable follow mode

Best Regards, Thorsten.