Parts question for German users

rogic

Hi everyone,

I need help with german name for a rotary-encoder.

I have a posibility to order parts from Conrad electronics, but I have no idea what to search for... query 'rotary encoder' doesn't give me results.

Are there more types of rotary-encoders? Does someone tested any from Conrad? Which one works fine with MIDIBOX?

Thanks for any help!

Hi everyone,

I need help with german name for a rotary-encoder.

I have a posibility to order parts from Conrad electronics, but I have no idea what to search for... query 'rotary encoder' doesn't give me results.

Are there more types of rotary-encoders? Does someone tested any from Conrad? Which one works fine with MIDIBOX?

Thanks for any help!

In german they would be named "Endlos Drehregler" but i don't think that you will find some of them at any German Distributor by this name. At Schuricht they are named ALPS ST EC16B 24 Pulse , the Product Name. I think you can search them only by it's produckt name or by the Product number as Bolotov suggested.

TzZ

--

btw. sorry for wasting your time with my poor english

In german they would be named "Endlos Drehregler" but i don't think that you will find some of them at any German Distributor by this name. At Schuricht they are named ALPS ST EC16B 24 Pulse , the Product Name. I think you can search them only by it's produckt name or by the Product number as Bolotov suggested.

TzZ

--

btw. sorry for wasting your time with my poor english

Guest the_Swede

I thought I'd do a bit of translation service in case rogic doesn't speak German:

Conrad do not sell encoders, buy them at Schuricht (or elsewhere) instead. Instead of searching for rotary encoders, try searching for "ALPS" or "ALPS STEC16B", these are the cheapest and best (pulses/rot) encoders anyway. RS-components also has these in stock.

TzanhZsu: Your English is just fine!

Guest the_Swede

I thought I'd do a bit of translation service in case rogic doesn't speak German:

Conrad do not sell encoders, buy them at Schuricht (or elsewhere) instead. Instead of searching for rotary encoders, try searching for "ALPS" or "ALPS STEC16B", these are the cheapest and best (pulses/rot) encoders anyway. RS-components also has these in stock.

TzanhZsu: Your English is just fine!

:) Hello and thanks everyone for answers!

Just some other things to know:

Do I need anything besides encoder with MIDIbox 64 v1.0? Any other circuit? Do I need a power supply for encoder? Can I use 5V from DIN, for example?

I would like to use them, but I am not sure how do I connect them... I saw on Thorsten's site that one encoder is using 4 contacts for 2 DIN buttons, but is that all I should know?

Pardon my questions but I am total newbie to all this  :-/

:) Hello and thanks everyone for answers!

Just some other things to know:

Do I need anything besides encoder with MIDIbox 64 v1.0? Any other circuit? Do I need a power supply for encoder? Can I use 5V from DIN, for example?

I would like to use them, but I am not sure how do I connect them... I saw on Thorsten's site that one encoder is using 4 contacts for 2 DIN buttons, but is that all I should know?

Pardon my questions but I am total newbie to all this  :-/

So, this midibox:

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1039991360

have MB16E core modul just because of rotary encoders?

This guy on Traktor forum posted schematics how to connect encoder to DIN:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/traktor_forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3209

Right now, I don't understand anything... encoders work only with MB16E?

If I make standard modules (DIN,AIN,LTC..) and change only the PIC to the new 'NG', will I get support for encoders?

Thanks for answers everyone and pardon my total newbie questions... :-[

So, this midibox:

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1039991360

have MB16E core modul just because of rotary encoders?

This guy on Traktor forum posted schematics how to connect encoder to DIN:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/traktor_forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3209

Right now, I don't understand anything... encoders work only with MB16E?

If I make standard modules (DIN,AIN,LTC..) and change only the PIC to the new 'NG', will I get support for encoders?

Thanks for answers everyone and pardon my total newbie questions... :-[

The MB16E not only supports encoders, but also 64 buttons, like the other firmwares. So, for the traktor control surface the combination of two core modules, one running with MB64, the other with MB16E, was the ideal solution.

Concerning MIDIbox NG: please read the news section, where the details are listed! Yes, the MIDIbox NG firmware will allow to handle with encoders and pots in a single core application - everything will become easier and cheaper :)

But I think that first of all you should explore the news section of this forum and my website, because the answers to your questions can already be found there. It's important that you understand the possibilities and the principle of the projects before you begin with the realization, this will help you to plan the ideal controller for your needs.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The MB16E not only supports encoders, but also 64 buttons, like the other firmwares. So, for the traktor control surface the combination of two core modules, one running with MB64, the other with MB16E, was the ideal solution.

Concerning MIDIbox NG: please read the news section, where the details are listed! Yes, the MIDIbox NG firmware will allow to handle with encoders and pots in a single core application - everything will become easier and cheaper :)

But I think that first of all you should explore the news section of this forum and my website, because the answers to your questions can already be found there. It's important that you understand the possibilities and the principle of the projects before you begin with the realization, this will help you to plan the ideal controller for your needs.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanx Thorsten for quick reply!

I already read news section, but my knowledge of electronics is so poor I need explanation for everything  :-[

Sorry for bothering you all with these questions, but I have no other place to ask   :-/

Thanx again everybody.

Thanx Thorsten for quick reply!

I already read news section, but my knowledge of electronics is so poor I need explanation for everything  :-[

Sorry for bothering you all with these questions, but I have no other place to ask   :-/

Thanx again everybody.