Casio HT3000

d2k

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out, or you will be disqualified as a Circuit Bender for doing only useful and workin' mods ;)

Was wondering tho - do u think the HT button matrix can be controlled by a mios matrix?

A Bit of programming challenge there. Basicly the thing is to use matrix scanning "outputs" from HT (connected to DIN) to let MIOS/App to see which part of matrix is being scanned, and use DOUT to fake switch positions (short/open = 1/0) (connected to HTs matrix inputs) of that particular part of the matrix. And so on..

I have understood that during DOUT update voltages on are not steady.. I'm not sure if this affects much this?!

Bye, Moebius

ps. Where are the sound clips ;)

spi control so can be hooked up to a dout and interfaced with mios right? but...im at a loss as to how to go about writing a driver  ??? any ideas...?

cheers!

Do the right thing: Grab Captain Hastings aout_AD5204.inc, modified AOUT driver for AD5204 chip -

Yes, same protocol ect. Should work out of the box. Then edit chip name references to point to AD8400, change the name of the driver, and the name of the writer..  ::)

Seems like that driver file is taken offline.. (well, I have it) You can always ask Captain Hastings for help ect. ;)

Bye, Moebius

p.s. There were some ear catchin' moments in that filter demo mp3.. Very nice effects from fast switching of sounds, actually reminded me about Korg Wavestation..

y0

Thanks ;) I think i'll try and get a 5204 and use that then - just realised the pitch and mod could also be digipot'ed as they're not controllable via midi and use 50K lin pots connected to the main uC too...

One thing tho, will I need a sep core for the digipots? as I've an aout module already using pins C4/5 which cant be shared...could i just go to the other side of the pic and use C1, 2 or 3?

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Wheee!!

I didn't know you could make it look so Damn COOL!! ;)

One thing tho, will I need a sep core for the digipots? as I've an aout module already using pins C4/5 which cant be shared...could i just go to the other side of the pic and use C1, 2 or 3?

With some modifications to code, why not...

But Hey,  I don't see any reason why you couldn't put both MAX525s and digipot in series and practice some programming for a hybrid driver that drives 'em both..

Bye, Moebius

hehe, well - ya gotta luv those ol C64's cases!

But Hey,  I don't see any reason why you couldn't put both MAX525s and digipot in series and practice some programming for a hybrid driver that drives 'em both..

I can but try! (expect some  ??? to follow tho :P)

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

realy enjoyed reading this thread - I have a HT6000 and some good intentions of freaking this beast up

its even better than the ht3000: each voice has one filter and four lines (each with 2 DCOs) with ring mod option on one pair of lines, its velocity senstitive and has an nice layout. I want to use this, midibox and a DW8000 to make a super synth - an eight voice mash up with filters, lfos and effects from both machines comming together

the links in this thread for the are service manual are dead and casio will no longer supply one :-(

of course if anyone has the ht6000 service manual that would be best

please can anyone help with?

Cheers