MIDIBox Sid MIDI problem

Huw

OK, I have put together the core and sid modules and linked them together, used my JDM to program the PIC successfully over a com port.  I am now having trouble with the MIDI communication.  I have tested the supply voltages and opto (in circuit), tried all polarities of MIDI wiring with no luck, and having put a LED over the MIDI out (J13), between MIDI+ and MIDI-, it does not light, can anyone give me any guidance as to what this may signify?

Cheers ;D

Huw

If possible, disconnect the SID module. Try to test the core by itself and get it working first. You don't have to have the SID connected to test the core.

So you've programmed the PIC with the bootstrap loader, and you have the Midi out of the core going to the midi in on your computer - do you get anything at all in MidiOx?

Justin

yes ive programmed the PIC, i actually put MIOS onto the chip using the JDM, I think you may be right that disconnecting the SID module must be my next step, will try that later and have another go at it

You could also try burnin' bootstrap loader to pic as it's supposed, and uploadin' MIOS using midi?! Sorry, just a guess..

Bye ya, Moebius