New Project (cleaning up some old junk)

Tanstaafl

Howdy MidiBoxers !!

I have a new project to put some old odds and ends together into a working controller / keyboard.

What I have is an old PAIA 37 key keyboard from the 70's. I want to scan the switch closure (5 rows x 8 cols) matrix with some combination of core / dxin4 .

I also want this to output the midi data for keyboard info... so the keyboard can output  standard midi data to a rack synth.

Next , I am also wanting to control some DIY analog synths from this thing.  So I guess an AOUT

So,  I have all of these things,  just wondering where to start with programming all this stuff to work together?

thanx in advance

gb

Ok, so maybe i'm asking the question incorrrrrrectly.

I see in the midibox64.ini file, that the last 40-50 buttons are actualy midi note on events with note numbers.

is it feasible to directly hook up the keyboard contacts to these dxin connections to get midi note data?

if not,... does the 8x8 matrix .. do this?  I would still want to have the ain 64 pots so I could use this setup as a controller for midi and eventually drive the analog CV board (aout).

Am I being a bit too ambitious for one core module?

thanks

gb

Hey G!

I'm busy with something similar; one box with midi controller part and midi/cv converter with analog (drum)synth modules.

I was thinking of using one core for the midi controller part and one core for midi>cv but if it's not neccesary...

Since i think you will get results before me (still haven't finished mbseq  :P :P); please keep us (me) updated how good it works!

cheers, marcel

!

ok, all steps except for CV done!

i had not used any of the buttons on my MoogModular MidiBox, so had more than enough for the 37 key Paia keyboard.  worx fine!  controlls softsynths and outputs key data to other midi boxes.

guess I'll need to move to the programming thread now for the rest of the box.

i will post pix in the next couple of days.

gb

• 2 weeks later...

DONE !!!!

2 cores -  encoding of old 3 octave keyboard and knob events for my software synths, forwarding of keyboard midi events.

1 core -  MidiBoxCV for controlling my analog (Volt/Octave) gear.

all wrapped up in a (not so great looking) box.   ;D

oh, one last thing to do.  Make another AOUT board and configure it for my Volt/Hz gear.  Not really sure about this bit, but will do some research.... Lin/Expo converter or somesuch maybe.

so i guess the block diagram was correct, except for the DOUT module, didn't need to scan the matrix since DINX4 worked for individual key closures.

I'll post pictures later this week.

Thanx for all the help MidiBoxers !!!! ur the greatest !

gb