Setting ID on multiple cores

Tanstaafl

I know I must be doing something wrong....

i'm attempting to add a 3rd core to my system (at id 0x02, next in line) and cannot seem to upload MIOS after burning this with any other ID but 0x00.

I've tried both the IC-Prog and change-id methods. strange... the first 2 cores had no problem with variant ID's.  I think I have burned the instructions from all the online resources into my pea sized brain, but am not having any luck.

Symtoms:

ic-prog method: open bootsrap loader file; change id number (down in right corner) to '2'; burn chip.

after this I can not upload anything via midi to the core.

the core sends the correct request to upload sysex message with '02' in the ID field (3rd from end, i think), but nothing uploads, core continually sends request to upload.

change-id method: burn functional bootstrap loader file(set to ID 0x00); there are variations I have tried after this point.

1. load MIOS 1.8 rc1, get 'ready' display; assemble change-id.asm with ID number at 0x02(or any other number for that matter), convert with hex2pl.....; upload new sysex file to core.  system reboots and says 'ID Change 000000000....02';  Core never does anything else... just displays same message, even after reboot.

2. upload change-id sysex file immediatly after burning bootstrap loader(functional as above);  this does not appear to do anything.

I gotta be missing something obvious again  :'(.

as always, any assistance will guarantee another star in your Karma Crown   ;D

thanx,

gb

Hi gb,

first a simple question: once the ID has been changed, did you also change the ID in the .syx file? This can be done with the hex2syx.pl script.

Example for MIOS:

perl tools/hex2syx.pl hex/mios_v1_7.hex -os_upload -device_id 0x02

for a common application:

perl hex2syx.pl main.hex -device_id 0x02

Best Regards, Thorsten.