PIC ID issues using MPLAB IDE

sheepslinky

Hi,

I burned the bootstrap program onto my PIC in MPLAB. I did not know where to set the ID information in MPLAB IDE. So, I assumed that the .hex I downloaded from ucapps would be 0x00 for a standard character display.

However -- The device ID is, in fact, 0x70 (I saw that on MIDI OX and MIDI monitor (mac)).

When I loaded MIOS for ID 0x70 everything works -- I even get random MIDI data when I load the midibox64 program.

My LCD does not work, though. I checked all connections and they are fine. How do I verify that the LCD was set up correctly in the PIC, or do I need to remove my PIC and reburn the bootstrap program? If I do so, how do I set the correct ID in MPLAB?

Would you reccomend compiling the assembler files instead of using the compiled .hex versions?

By the way, I am using a standard character display (hitachi type, 2X24)

Thanks

Sorry to ask a question that gets asked so many times (how do I make it work?)... However, I couldn't find any info on burning the PIC with MPLAB searching the forum.