midibox cv: is it possible to add LFOs?

Dr_Nick

Hi!

Is it posibble to add some LFOs to the midibox cv firmware? Or midi-triggered envelope generators?

Personally, I don't have a clue how much processing power would be needed to implement some LFOs with a resolution higher than 7 bits. Any ideas?

Regards,

Dr. Nick

Hi Nick,

"is it possible" is not the right question, I guess you mean "is it much effort". My answer: yes, it is.

Just use the MIDIbox SID (or MIDIbox FM) firmware instead - they can also be used without the soundchips just to drive the AOUTs. And the internal resolution is much higher than the resolution which is provided by the DAC itself

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 6 months later...

hi,

one more question , could the gate be enabled by incoming midi note , i've explored the app files ,but didn't find the way to do it.

or maybe the midi to gate conversion routine have to be extracted from the mbCV app?

• 1 month later...

I just logged in after a long time (doing diy with the analogue stuff and building up a studio) to look for an application recommendation for digitally controlled lfo's...and voila...

Amazing, there's still new fascinating stuff in the apps section...

(Just looked for midicv and stumbled upon this thread - Analog Tools! Cool!!!) 8)

Thanks again Thorsten.