Make MIDIboxSID

leelinn

Hi

i own an old C64.  I use it for my music... ;D...with prophet64: good software...but i want more...so i decide to build (..sorry...my friend will build me it...i don't know anything about electronic, schemes, soldering... ::)...) MIDIboxSID.

I have read web site page but, in truth, i don't understand everything.

Pls, correct me, i can build a cheap version of MIDIboxSID  or a more complete version with several features.

1.How much is more expansive this version?

2.Does software control panel work for "expansive version" only? Does it run under Logic Audio only? No compatibility with software like Ableton Live?

3. Does anyone give me a clear list of component needed to build MIDIboxSID? List on web site it's not so clear for me.

tnx a lot for attention...and future support;)))

leelinn

hi leelinn,

yeah, i've used prophet64 too, but i like the midiboxsid much better! ;D

some quick answers to your questions:

1.  the more "expansive" (expensive?) unit is only as big and expensive as you want it to be.  i built mine for $60-70 (in the USA) but some people have spent hundreds.

2.  the software control panel works with either the "expansive version" or the cheap version of the midiboxsid.   you can use programs other than logic audio, but i've never used ableton live so i don't know about that.

3.  where are you located?  the parts list has catalog numbers for some of the major suppliers.  you can also check out the midibox wiki http://www.avishowtech.com/midibox/wiki/ for other suppliers.  the list that's available on ucapps.de is in the simplest form, really.  if you don't understand it, perhaps your friend who is building the box for you can understand it?

good luck

you can use programs other than logic audio, but i've never used ableton live so i don't know about that.

it will work, MBSID is a midi contolled-synth wich can send midi too, meaning everything that can send/recieve midi can control it/interact with it (to a certain level) i guess you can use it with a lot of different softwares

cheers, marcel

hi leelinn,

yeah, i've used prophet64 too, but i like the midiboxsid much better! ;D

some quick answers to your questions:

1.  the more "expansive" (expensive?) unit is only as big and expensive as you want it to be.  i built mine for $60-70 (in the USA) but some people have spent hundreds.

2.  the software control panel works with either the "expansive version" or the cheap version of the midiboxsid.   you can use programs other than logic audio, but i've never used ableton live so i don't know about that.

3.  where are you located?  the parts list has catalog numbers for some of the major suppliers.  you can also check out the midibox wiki http://www.avishowtech.com/midibox/wiki/ for other suppliers.  the list that's available on ucapps.de is in the simplest form, really.  if you don't understand it, perhaps your friend who is building the box for you can understand it?

good luck

tnx for reply...and sorry for my bad English... ::)

...i'm Italian (...now you know the reason of this  "bad English" ;D ;D...)

how many SID do you put in yr midiboxSID?

do u have pics of it?