MIDIIO128 INI file problem

sd2000

Hi all

Am building a multi midibox consisting of 2 x MIDIO128s and 1 MIDIDBox64.

The problm is that in the 128 ini file, the option MIDI MERGER has to be set to DISABLED or I get a continuous stream of data when I press a buttion. 

Setting this to DISABLED and no problem. 

Am using MIOS 1.7, MIDI0128 V2.1b and using the example MIDIIO128.INI file.

Has anysone else found this?

Should mention that I am testing the set up individually, that is I am not hooking all the cores together for the test, but I don't think this is an issue?

Eventually I'll need the option to be FORWARD/END point so this is going to be a problm.

Help someone please, its got me stumped.

TIA.

SD

Hi,

What program is running on your computer?

Eventually you have a midi loop:

If your computer sends on the MIDI Out what he receives on the MIDI In, you will get a endless loop, because a MIDIBox with merger enabled repeats also on the Out what it gets from the MIDI In.

So if you press a single button, you will get a Note On command "running" endles in loop between your computer and the MIDIBox. :-[

Raphael

Thanks for the reply Raphael.

Yes thats it, thinking about it, it kind of makes sense.

So just in case anyone else gets confused about this:

If the MIDI_MERGE option is anything other than DISABLED, do not have the MIDIBox In connected to the same PC/device as the output or you'll get the loop effect.

In answer to your question though, Win 98 and MIDI - OX, but don't suppose that matters now!

Thanks again

SD

In answer to your question though, Win 98 and MIDI - OX, but don't suppose that matters now!

Actually it matters - because this "feedback" situation is caused by MIDI-OX default port routings, that passes midi data from inputs to outputs.

See MIDI-OX "view" menu and choose "Port Routings...". Disconnect the link between the midi ports connected to MIDIbox and the problem should be gone, even with MB merger enabled and both midi input and output connected to PC.

Bye, Moebius

p.s. There's also mention about this issue in "Code Upload via MIDI" page: http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap.html